• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

2 octave scale tab

Iris

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    All the scales I cover in the lessons are 2 octave. Actually more. 2 octaves and a third. G major scale would be G (3rd fret low E string) to B (7th fret on the high E string).
    Oh. Wonder why I didn't make that connection. Thanks PG. I'll go back to the lessons. Maybe I just blew through them too fast.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Oh. Wonder why I didn't make that connection. Thanks PG. I'll go back to the lessons. Maybe I just blew through them too fast.
    Now that I think about it, Syn wanted the scales to be 3 notes per string. So it actually goes 2 octaves & a 4th. So all the way to a C on the 8th fret, high E string (G Major scale).

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    100% love the idea of doing it 3 notes a string. Once I realized how many octaves were in that I found a spot where you can basically play Amy octave you want on the guitar. (7 to 12 to 14/15) frets) and I found it easy to connect octaves there. I've been expanding more and more but it's definitely my go to spot now because of the idea of 3 notes a string.

Autumn

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Anyone have a link or suggestion to where I can find tab for 2 octave guitar scales? I know I can figure it out all by ear but I want to focus on helping my dexterity with scales rather than transcribing. Bonus if the tab covers all 12 (?) keys.
    0C0F3D48-0281-4215-B392-E26FF1E1CB75.jpeg

Synner Endless Summer Collection