• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

2021 Guitar Goals: Where are you at?

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Awww have to rely on other people's quote to fight your own fight? And I am supposed to be scared of you... right

Are you looking down on something said by Synyster Gates? Ooh, I think you are in the wrong place, then. Go to the Johnny Christ School. Wait a minute... there's no such thing, because nobody really wanna know how to play bass!

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Are you looking down on something said by Synyster Gates? Ooh, I think you are in the wrong place, then. Go to the Johnny Christ School. Wait a minute... there's no such thing, because nobody really wanna know how to play bass!
    The thing about bass is that you don't choose the bass, the bass chooses you. That way it filters out to leave only the very best to truly master the instrument, which is why you probably haven't been chosen. I dont need to go to the Johnny Christ school because Johnny Christ has been in my heart all along.

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    The thing about bass is that you don't choose the bass, the bass chooses you. That way it filters out to leave only the very best to truly master the instrument, which is why you probably haven't been chosen. I dont need to go to the Johnny Christ school because Johnny Christ has been in my heart all along.
    I tried not to, but I laughed at the last sentence, because it actually sounded very cute 😂 awwww 🥰

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    Here are some things I expect I'm able to do by the end of 2021:
    ★ Play either Fade to Black or The Unforgiven by Metallica, or Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold
    ★ Play and sing at the same time
    So these are the two goals I wrote on my post at the end of January!

Speaking about the first goal, I started working on The Unforgiven on the last weeks (looking forward to post a video soon 🤔). I'm still working on the intro, but I'm liking the results so far! Let's see if I can get the full song till december.
    Decided to pick this one instead of the other two (Fade to Black and Buried Alive) because it's a very special song to me: it's the song that made me a fan of Metallica and the song that got me into metal, so I want it to be the first solo I learn because it just feels right. It also looks a little easier than the other two (hope I'm not mistaken 🤣). The plan is to get both Kirk's and James' parts, but since time is my weakness, if I see I can't handle both til the end of the year, I'll stick with Kirk's parts only.

Now about my second goal, I achieved it and also don't 🤣 I mean, I was able to sing and play the acoustic part of Tonight The World Dies, and I'm already happy for achieving this on this year, but I can't play and sing EVERY song I want to, so I feel this is an ability that still needs improvement. For example, if I achieve my first goal, I would like to sing The Unforgiven too but I don't know if I can. I can't even think about myself singing and playing a song like Battery one day. But James do it, so it shouldn't be impossible even though it looks for me now 🤣 So overall I'm already happy with what I accomplished with my second goal, but I still want to go further so I'll keep working on it 🧐

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019

[ I'm going to try and get a job and/or a diploma somehow, than try figure out what next. Learn/understand more theory and work on my chops too. ]​

Was looking for the original post

That's what I put. I scratched the diploma thing and I started to translate stuff so I guess that's a job.
    I figured out what next and it's nothing new. I learned and understand more theory and my chops got better.
    Biggest thing lacking is the social aspect of music and it seems to be a displacement issue.
    Everything's going great apart from a few minor hurdles .
    Debating on quitting smoking

As for new goals, I want to try to get through more lessons here and finish the translating.
    Maybe try to write more songs now that I feel capable.
    Also I want to try and get more organized.
    Been constantly working on my overall wellbeing, it's going good