• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

7 Days 7 Modes 2021. What did I learn?

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
How you doing Family?

Having just finished my Challenge for this year. I just wanted to make a little recap or things I learned throughout theese 7 days, living in the Modes of the C Major scale.

1. Write everything down.

You don't know how much writing down the scale formula and then the scale actually helped me this time around. Last year when I did this (When I did this challenge kinda wrong mind you). I was just going on patterns, not knowing what my targer notes are and just playing off patterns. Which is no bueno! Writing all down and highlighting my target notes of the scale helped me a lot!

2. LEARN YOUR FRETBOARD.

I've been struggling with this one for a bit and have been working on this one for a while now. You have no idea how much actually knowing the fretboard improves your playing. It opens so many doors regarding your melodic capabilities!

3. This not a competition against yourself. Help yourself.

If you need to write down stuff and play at very slow tempos and look at a backing track with the chord changes written down for you. Then do! Don't do something unecesarrily harder for yourself than it already is. Give yourself as much help as you think you need. At the end of the day taking baby steps will help you in the long run!

With this said. Theese tips are mainly just for myself, but I guess writing them down will aid many of you too!

2022 we will see each other again Challenge!

Here is the link to the 2021 folder:

Hope you like me figuring stuff out on the fly and playing wrong notes XD.