• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

A Big Collab (Lets do this)

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
My comments on jaks video.

Whoever makes a track needs to start it acoustic like..hey..who wants to strum some chords? You'll get the entry to the song!

Then make it rock backtrack for the rest that follows the acoustic melody.. metal whatever normal track you want... eventually make it a crazy clean interlude. Transform into a fancy jazz riff. You get the point. I love this idea that jak crafted. We could even do duals! Team up with someone and make a neat dual .. so many possibilities.

Finish the back track. Post it. Everyone basically choose a time slot. And wait your turn. Once all slots are filled. One by one. I know that sounds hard but it wouldn't be too difficult if you had let's say.. a day or two to create your motif or whatever. Could literally be whatever you wanted it to be. If that's too difficult to handle then we could split the segments up but do the same thing.. thatd give people more time to plan.

Im just thinking out loud here. Let me know what you think.

J

Jak Angelescu

Whoever makes a track needs to start it acoustic like..hey..who wants to strum some chords? You'll get the entry to the song!

Then make it rock backtrack for the rest that follows the acoustic melody.. metal whatever normal track you want... eventually make it a crazy clean interlude. Transform into a fancy jazz riff. You get the point. I love this idea that jak crafted. We could even do duals! Team up with someone and make a neat dual .. so many possibilities.

Finish the back track. Post it. Everyone basically choose a time slot. And wait your turn. Once all slots are filled. One by one. I know that sounds hard but it wouldn't be too difficult if you had let's say.. a day or two to create your motif or whatever. Could literally be whatever you wanted it to be. If that's too difficult to handle then we could split the segments up but do the same thing.. thatd give people more time to plan.

Dude that's fucking BRILLIANT. I like the intro idea!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Oh well guys, count me in

Dominik Gräber (you can spell Graeber too, whatever :D)
    Saarland, Germany
    Level: Beginner

I love Calvins idea! My initial fear was not that I can't come up with something that shreds (which you totally don't need to) but if I was able to play in a certain key, with good timing. Those are really where my weaknesses are and I don't have much experience in that regard. But whatever, I'll manage

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain

Saarland, Germany

I love Calvins idea! My initial fear was not that I can't come up with something that shreds (which you totally don't need to) but if I was able to play in a certain key, with good timing. Those are really where my weaknesses are and I don't have much experience in that regard. But whatever, I'll manage
    My man! Backing tracks backing tracks backing tracks!!!!
    They helped me out sooo much! Practice scales and what not to them and this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    I'll try to make a couple of different backing tracks in different styles and then we can choose the best ones and then combine them or whatever. I already made a rock/metal loop version and posted it in the chat on instagram. Now I'm trying to make a blues backing track. I'm open for suggestions for chord progressions :D.

Reactions: AGA and idssdi

Saarland, Germany

Glad to have you on board! :D Don't worry, like I said to Alicia, we got your back! We're gonna help each other polish our performances, so everyone feels awesome about what they are presenting.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Glad to have you on board! :D Don't worry, like I said to Alicia, we got your back! We're gonna help each other polish our performances, so everyone feels awesome about what they are presenting.
    Don't make it too easy for me :p When I'm gonna participate I will want my best to come up with something good and original!

Reactions: idssdi
    LOVE THIS! This are some great points. When Jak talked about how this should showcase what this school is all about, it got me thinking that perhaps we should take inspiration from the lessons themselves. Like she said, the blues masterclass, the CAGED lessons, maybe even some of the etudes. I'm not saying play the etudes, but rather SHOWCASE what we've learned here.

I like the duel idea or even a duet. Like Jak said, maybe a rhythm player can play acoustic, while someone plays a melodic part, or we could have two people harmonize.

@Filip is the one making the backing track, and @Ids had already talked about composing some motiffs.

First things first though, let's get to the sign up deadline and then we start planning what we'll play once we know how many people we got.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I'll try to make a couple of different backing tracks in different styles and then we can choose the best ones and then combine them or whatever. I already made a rock/metal loop version and posted it in the chat on instagram. Now I'm trying to make a blues backing track. I'm open for suggestions for chord progressions :D.
    How crazy can I make it? I don't mind a part where the chords go a little crazy to solo over 😅

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I like the duel idea or even a duet. Like Jak said, maybe a rhythm player can play acoustic, while someone plays a melodic part, or we could have two people harmonize.

@Filip is the one making the backing track, and @Ids had already talked about composing some motiffs.

First things first though, let's get to the sign up deadline and then we start planning what we'll play once we know how many people we got.
    Don't you think this might get a little complicate to organize and put in one video? Maybe we could do a couple of different one with different themes. We could do a "simple solo collab" now where we all just play something tiny over a backing track and then do smaller collabs like "duets", "rhythm vs lead" or one with crazy chords for Ids ;P
    Just my thoughts on this right now

J

Jak Angelescu

Don't you think this might get a little complicate to organize and put in one video? Maybe we could do a couple of different one with different themes. We could do a "simple solo collab" now where we all just play something tiny over a backing track and then do smaller collabs like "duets", "rhythm vs lead" or one with crazy chords for Ids ;P
    Just my thoughts on this right now
    That's why in the video I suggested doing several videos because it'll get too long

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    How crazy can I make it? I don't mind a part where the chords go a little crazy to solo over 😅
    I wasn't thinking anything crazy. I was thinking some simple chords that work well together and are nice to play over. Like if there are chords or chord progressions that are specific to a genre. That doesn't mean that the chords have to be just simple major or minor chords but it would be great if they weren't complicated like Cm/maj9add6x5(3+2) 😅 because I probably can't play them and record them. But then again I could just programm a piano to play those chords for example for the blues backing track and it wouldn't be a problem.

Also if we are gonna do a couple of different genres should all backing tracks be in the same key or can they be in different ones?

• Haha
    Reactions: idssdi and AGA