• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

šŸ„°A HUGE Milestone For Me!!!šŸ„°

J

Jak Angelescu

First and foremost, I want everyone to know that I am taking a minor step back from the social aspect of this website. There are a lot of things that I'm trying to work on musically related that it just doesn't a lot enough time of the day for me to focus on everything. I see that there was a big collaboration that was started and some of you tagged me in it hoping that I could get on board with that. Unfortunately it's not something I can do. And I thank you guys so much for reaching out to me and thinking of me!

Now on to the cool thing! Testament is one of my favorite bands and this song is a song I always tried working on yet no matter what how hard I practiced it I never could get it right. I actually gave up after 10 years of trying to play it. I picked it back up again 6 years ago thinking I could be better at it and I was horribly wrong. I spent 4 hours every single day working on it and never could get it right. I couldn't even get it at 80% speed. After watching a video of Gus G and some practice tips from other amazing rhythm players, I decided to Choose this song to use as my exercise for my rhythm fragment of my practice. I'm incredibly happy to say I nailed the phrygian dominant descent in the first try it without warming up at full speed! Not only that, I could hear that what the tab book had told me years ago was absolutely wrong in one spot. I figured it out by ear and also got it played up to speed. I'm not sure exactly what it is with the school that is helping me so much but something I am doing is working! I am going to post this on the riff page but I had so much to talk about it that it wouldn't fit in the description. I am beside myself.

@Dominik Graeber your Trivium post from the other day was also a big motivation for this. I thank you for that!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    noiiiiiiice boomer šŸ¤˜ (y)

Jak is actually a millennial, the mortal enemy of the foul boomer. I, at just under 50, am Gen X, and we like to sit back and watch the boomers and the millennials fight like Springer guests and Maury guests. Or like this guy.

michael-popcorn-1518029708.gif

Manvir B

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Kingston, England
    Jak is actually a millennial, the mortal enemy of the foul boomer. I, at just under 50, am Gen X, and we like to sit back and watch the boomers and the millennials fight like Springer guests and Maury guests. Or like this guy.

michael-popcorn-1518029708.gif
    Unfortunately for my generation everyone other then ourselves are boomers , take that boomers!

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Synner Endless Summer Collection