• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

A7X live on instagram....little spoiler for the fans??

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    My impression was that it was the first time jamming in the new studio they've been building for themselves, and it was a chance to try and work out some wiring and routing gremlins and see if they could jam, with our boy Syn leading the Nerd Herd on the troubleshooting.

On the plus side, maybe this means they'll stream a little band practice here and there.

I doubt they'd give a snippet of anything new that way, but hey, you never know.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I watched it for a second while I was at work (I have a spot I can hide away, haha), and that drum beat had me grooving. I doubt, too, that it was a spoiler but I hope it was! I didn't know they'd been building a studio @Ed Seith. I know Shinedown built a studio, too...so excited for the boys to be jamming again!

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    I'd love a single or two. That would put me over til.the album is announced. Id shut up about bands waiting if they did that more often to make up for the wait.
    Not gonna lie that waiting games gets more and more as more music come into existence.

Even about a little over 10 years ago, ZV already mentioned in an interview that the "good riffs" has been taken by bands like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, etc., what more now?

It's not really easy to come up with another CoE or self-titled without sounding like something that already existed or something they've written(with the exception of HTTK where they clearly stated that they were paying homage to their inspirations, hence the riffs sound similar to existing songs). It's a matter of cracking something new.

So for me, personally, I don't mind how long it takes, as long as they come up with quality stuff(as they've always had).

Last edited:

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    My impression was that it was the first time jamming in the new studio they've been building for themselves, and it was a chance to try and work out some wiring and routing gremlins and see if they could jam, with our boy Syn leading the Nerd Herd on the troubleshooting.

On the plus side, maybe this means they'll stream a little band practice here and there.

I doubt they'd give a snippet of anything new that way, but hey, you never know.
    Agreed! Didn't know they were building a studio, that's great!
    We just have to keep on waiting to see if it was a spoiler or not, I guess. But like someone already mentioned, I'm just glad to see them back together in a studio doing what they do best🖤

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    No earplugs? Bananas are a bit radioactive, I don't know why. :D Those drums sound awesome, "if you build it, they will come" forgot what movie that's from. Maybe one day they will produce records too? Like a label. I think a tour with the new album is a good idea, for the surprise factor. On the other hand it's cool when the crowd sings along too. Maybe Summer or Fall, it'll be showtime again

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Not gonna lie that waiting games gets more and more as more music come into existence.

Even about a little over 10 years ago, ZV already mentioned in an interview that the "good riffs" has been taken by bands like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, etc., what more now?

It's not really easy to come up with another CoE or self-titled without sounding like something that already existed or something they've written(with the exception of HTTK where they clearly stated that they were paying homage to their inspirations, hence the riffs sound similar to existing songs). It's a matter of cracking something new.

So for me, personally, I don't mind how long it takes, as long as they come up with quality stuff(as they've always had).
    Nah.. syns theory knowledge will.make sure the band never copies themselves. Too.many altered chords and scales out there to experiment with. Even if it had a Metallica.vive the chords wouldn't be Metallica chords...and same with their stuff.. I dont think the band could replicate any album twice anyways. They never sound the same for more then 3 years at a time.

Reactions: Gemma G.S.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Agreed! Didn't know they were building a studio, that's great!
    We just have to keep on waiting to see if it was a spoiler or not, I guess. But like someone already mentioned, I'm just glad to see them back together in a studio doing what they do best🖤
    Hey syn let me know when the studios free for rent!

Almost all.my favourite bands have their own studios now. It seems to be the norm these days.to.build.towards.one.

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Nah.. syns theory knowledge will.make sure the band never copies themselves. Too.many altered chords and scales out there to experiment with. Even if it had a Metallica.vive the chords wouldn't be Metallica chords...and same with their stuff.. I dont think the band could replicate any album twice anyways. They never sound the same for more then 3 years at a time.
    Haha agreed.

But let me emphasize that I didn't say it's impossible. It's just a little bit more tedious. :LOL: Also, to be arranging songs that suits the ears of majority.

Last edited:

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Haha agreed.

But let me emphasize that I didn't say it's impossible. It's just a little bit more tedious. :LOL: Also, to be arranging songs that suits the ears of majority.
    You are right though.. and one I can guarantee to sound "a7x" will be the first song. They are on record saying they do that purposely every album.

Reactions: ari.mac