• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

ABBEY ROAD by The Beatles

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Hey all,
    I’ve made a playlist keeping track of each AOTM! I figured it’d be cool to have em all in one place, and give any new students who join up later a chance to go back and listen to any that they may have missed :money-face:
    I’ll be updating it each month as the albums are announced! :rock-hand:

that's great! thank you :)

Yosi Yamin

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    youtu.be
    I've got to say that listening to the entire album for the first time just made my morning. I just had a long drive and I got to really concentrate on the music, and I'm honestly in awe by how beautiful each song was. I loved every single thing about the chord changes, the melodies, the vocals through the album and I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to give this brilliant masterpiece a try!!
    My favorite song right now is Octopus's Garden - I dont feel like I've ever heard anything that felt like this song. The chord changes on the end of I Want You (She's So Heavy) Especially stood out to me, I just wished that the outro would continue on and on and never end. I love the guitars through Here Comes The Sun as well. The chord changes on "Because" are so beautiful and sit so perfectly with the vocals - I find the vocal melodies on "You Never Give Me Your Money" ridiculously beautiful, and I love the short guitar solo on that song, it captures the energy of the song so well!! Syn, Thank you so much for sharing your favorite albums with us again, this is a huge gift and we truly appreciate it brother!

eneirynck

New Student
    Nov 30, 2019
    :syngates:Yo family! My record of the month for November is Abbey Road by The Beatles. This is my personal fav album by my fav band(tied w Bungle of course).

I’ve always gone back and forth between Magical Mystery Tour and Abbey but as I’ve gotten older, Abbey is just so solid and clever that it continues to increase its lead to me. The medley on the back half is nothing short of pure genius and the different soundscapes, vocally and beyond that the front half procures, take me to another dimension. A dimension where all perceived “rules” of music are either summarily dismissed, or used as China for the proverbial Bull in that proverbial China shop.

This is also the only album in existence where I don’t have a favorite song. I simply can not pick one. I do however, have a least favorite and that is Come Together; a smash hit classic covered by many other legends. Also, I fucking LOVE that song with all of my heart, but it is clearly and always has been, my least favorite song on the record. As it may speak to my shoddy coding as a human program, I believe it to speak to the level of brilliance that is the entire record.

Questions I’d love answered by my beautiful family!

-Fav song
    -Fav solo
    -Clever chord changes that stick out(always my life pursuit)
    -Insight into George Martin’s production genius and notable moments
    -Interesting arrangements vocally and orchestrally

Don’t confine yourself to these if they don’t inspire thoughts, these are just ideas that stick out to me. I’m also VERY curious to hear other ideas or discoveries in hopes that a new way to listen to this masterpiece will be revealed for myself and others.

Can’t fucking wait to hang out with you!!

All my love,

Syn
    :syngates:
    I have been listening to the Beatles nonstop the last few months or so. Never really did a deep dive into their discography, but very glad I did now. Abbey road is emerging as my favorite album, followed closely by Sgt Pepper, Revolver, and then Rubber Soul.

I cannot stop listening to the Abbey Road medley. Golden Slumber, Carry that weight, and You never give me your money are on a loop in my head.

George has emerged as my favorite Beatle. John and Paul obviously wrote the most songs, but the songs George did write are some of their best.

Really enjoy the chord progression on Maxwell's silver hammer between the first refrain and second verse with the synthesizer effect on it. Really interesting choice.

Favorite solo (kind of mini solo) is in carry that weight after we hear the melody from you never give me your money come back in on the horns. George has a short little solo part that is so so pretty. Also, his guitar "embellishments" on octopus' garden are so stylish.

Great recommendation for an album. Quickly becoming one of my favorite bands.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Been listening to this this past week. It's super amazing :D
    I did some improvs over some songs the other night, trying to follow the vocals and chord changes and stuff.
    Was able to actually get one of the riff/licks pretty accurate sounding in real time.
    It's a lot of fun

Reactions: eneirynck