• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Absolutely disgusted by the schecter forum.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I'll definitely never put any efforts into any other sites or forums again. People are absolutely ridiculous. Try to put together a mini solo for a mini solo mix this guy was putting together. He says he only had 10 and it was the last day. Seemed like a low number.

So I put together something simple and quick. Guess buddy didnt like it cause he didnt even tell people I submitted a solo.. and apparently there were others too. Didnt say thanks. Absolutely nothing. Just the same 10 he complained about only having. I definitely let him known i wasnt happy. Waste of my time. I cant believe people are so rude. I wont be doing anything outside the site for a while that's for sure.

I dont know if that forum on Facebook is official but if it is I'm starting to lose my respect for all things schecter. Still havent heard nothin back about the help i asked about the revenger quote. At this point after I get my next avenger or revenger I'll be going for a fender. I dont think I'll be buying another schecter for a while.

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I am not particularly familiar with the Schecter forums (Facebook or otherwise), but I imagine 1 individual is hardly representative of the forum as a whole, perhaps rather than dismissing the group just block the guy.

Yes, they guy sounds like a jerk, if what you put together didn't fit with what he was trying to do he could have at least acknowledged that and given you the opportunity for a redo. The internet is full of shitheads, don't let 'em get under your skin.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Yeah, people have No manners anymore on the Internet. I know that. I write with Strangers on Facebook almost every day because I make custom stuff for archery and people are rude.
    Sometimes I get No "hi" whatsoever, Not even whole sentences. "I want that, price?" I get ignored, Sometimes people that WANT Something from me never answered.

Unfortunately thats how it is nowadays. But like Adin said, those are individuals that don't necessarily represent everybody on a platfom. Still, I feel every year it's getting worse

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    You can find rude people on most comment sections you go to. They are on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, music sites, sportsites etc. It's just that there are too many keyboard warriors and trolls out there who either are genuine dicks or enjoy saying shitty things.

Reactions: Anthony Peña

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I am not particularly familiar with the Schecter forums (Facebook or otherwise), but I imagine 1 individual is hardly representative of the forum as a whole, perhaps rather than dismissing the group just block the guy.

Yes, they guy sounds like a jerk, if what you put together didn't fit with what he was trying to do he could have at least acknowledged that and given you the opportunity for a redo. The internet is full of shitheads, don't let 'em get under your skin.
    You're right. But I'm including all my schecter experiences over the year. They have me absolutely no support over my stolen guitar and trying to remake something similar to it. I hear all these great things about their community and support and I havent seen it from them. I have met some people there who were kind. But some of the comments in the post replying to me was uncalled for and the adkinsnin the group did nothing but say that's part of being in the group.. like makes no sense to me how they can just allow people to sit there and be ignorant on their official Facebook group. You get referred to it from their fb page. That's their name. To allow people to ruin their rep and make their community look immature is not a good business move to me lm it's not so much the one guy that it was the others that were in the video telling me i was complaining of no reason.. it's called mutual respect. If he didnt want to use the video it was fine but he legit pretended like I didnt submit anything after thanking me for submitting. And didnt tell me anything as to why until I posted on the page. That was my only issue with it. He needs to know for his next time to communicate better. The others didnt need to get into it but egos were struck and when that happens to peoples friends they become ignorant pricks like that. I'm glad our community isnt like that.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019

Perfectly fine to say it's not a fit. Just say it.. dont act like it never happened. People can be very understanding. I remember jaks colab. i had a 2 second clip in it. That was it. He also could have told me he wanted a 24 second unnecessary job and I would have done it again.

It was his first time doing it which I didnt know at first but either way I was just mainly trying to tell him he needs to communicate better. To everyone. Not just his buddies. A lot of people there agreed too. Not all of them were rotten.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd
    Synner Endless Summer Collection