• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Acoustic Strings

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    okay, awesome ! I would definitely check out the Ernie Ball Earthwood Strings ! They have a great sound and durability for their price point. As for gauge, since you're starting up again, I would personally go with 10-52's. They are on the lighter side so you won't kill your fingers :)
    Awesome, thank you! I will look for those and see if I can get a new string :D. Would be nice to be able to play with that sixth string, haha!

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    okay, awesome ! I would definitely check out the Ernie Ball Earthwood Strings ! They have a great sound and durability for their price point. As for gauge, since you're starting up again, I would personally go with 10-52's. They are on the lighter side so you won't kill your fingers :)
    Strings and a string winder have been ordered! That wasn't nearly as expensive as I anticipated =). Now to see how fast they arrive.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I hope you get them soon so you can get your baby all set up ! :)
    Me, too =)! My SO thinks he might remember how to string it (this guitar was his when he was a kid and was handed down from another family member to him) but I know at least one person on the forum here has offered to walk me through it. Hoping it's easy so I can do it whenever I need to =)

• Love

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Me, too =)! My SO thinks he might remember how to string it (this guitar was his when he was a kid and was handed down from another family member to him) but I know at least one person on the forum here has offered to walk me through it. Hoping it's easy so I can do it whenever I need to =)
    That’s amazing! This community is definitely here to help !! Changing the strings is definitely scary at first but it’s not as bad as you think !

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    Does your guitar have bridge pins ? And the strings will be labeled. The smallest size will be your high e sting.
    I'm not sure? This what I'm using, if this helps =)

Attachments

• IMG_6077EDITED.jpg
      IMG_6077EDITED.jpg
      362.2 KB · Views: 105

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com

this was definitely impromptu lol but I hope it helps you a bit ! I apologize for constantly clearing my throat, my allergies are a bit wonky and right now lol
    Thank you so much! That definitely helps and I'm going to make an attempt now with mine. Mine's a little different at the top but I think I can figure it out =). Will post a picture of the finished product provided it works, lol!

• Love

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com

this was definitely impromptu lol but I hope it helps you a bit ! I apologize for constantly clearing my throat, my allergies are a bit wonky and right now lol
    And then it was a six string again! Thank you again! That was so easy!! And it sounds amazing!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_6081EDITED1.jpg
      IMG_6081EDITED1.jpg
      255.2 KB · Views: 97

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    Yes !!! I’m so glad it helped! Can’t wait to hear you playing it !
    Am off to bed for now but have begun Lesson 7 already, so am hoping I can get back to playing all six strings =). I've recorded a take of my contest entry, too, so will get that edited tomorrow as well. Thank you again for all the help! It's one of my favorite things about the SGS for sure!

• Love