• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

*ALL NEW STUDENTS PLEASE READ THIS POST*

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey there! Welcome to the site! I'm the community leader and the most active ADMIN of this school, and I welcome you dearly!
Please be aware that this site is undergoing some changes. We have some awesome things in store for you and we're working as hard as we can to give you the best learning experience ever! However, you may notice your content is not approved immediately. This is due to the fact that the team behind the magic you receive for free, had many issues with spammers. Please be patient, it may take up to 3 BUSINESS DAYS for your content to be approved.

Also, while we enjoy freedom of speech and silliness here, we DO NOT TOLERATE THE FOLLOWING AND THERE IS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

1. Spamming and soliciting your content on the riff section in copious amounts without being an active member. (For example, posting 5 professional covers a day begging for followers on YouTube)
2. Bullying your other students
3. Disrespecting the school
4. Harassing other students on their private social media accounts
5. Liking Johnny Christ as your favorite member of Avenged Sevenfold

I AM THE QUEEN CAT OF THIS SCHOOL. Yes, you read that right! ;) ;) This means I will cheer you on, support you, promote you, and help you the best I can. However, that also means I am to be RESPECTED. I'm known to leave honest feedback on your riffs, but it's only out of love. All of the other admins are to be RESPECTED AS WELL.

We also are known to host contests where you can win some badass prizes! So enjoy the community! Make friends, take the lessons, and I (and the rest of Team $yn) look forward to watching your growth!

Jak Angelescu

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jak Angelescu

Small not really related point... this text doesn't appear if you use the light colour scheme..
Thank you for pointing that out to me! I must have clicked on a different font in the middle of editing it. A different font color that is. I'm glad you told me that because I could have looked like schizophrenic psycho bitch if you didn't tell me that!!🤣🤣

• Love
Reactions: Forgetabull
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Just out of curiosity, what is the process involved with with verifying new accounts so that posts no longer need to be Mod approved? How long does that process normally take?

You do a great job around the forums Jak, and as much as you 'run this joint' I can't help but feel that the forums could only benefit from additional moderators (ideally covering different timezones), to ensure new members, regardless of where they are located, have minimal wait time for content approval and issues, disputes and other housekeeping can also be attended to promptly.

We have had one person raise an issue they experienced with the post approval process, how many others have felt the same way and just gone 'fuck it, I'm going back to Justinguitar/youtube, etc'.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J

Jak Angelescu

Just out of curiosity, what is the process involved with with verifying new accounts so that posts no longer need to be Mod approved? How long does that process normally take?

You do a great job around the forums Jak, and as much as you 'run this joint' I can't help but feel that the forums could only benefit from additional moderators (ideally covering different timezones), to ensure new members, regardless of where they are located, have minimal wait time for content approval and issues, disputes and other housekeeping can also be attended to promptly.

We have had one person raise an issue they experienced with the post approval process, how many others have felt the same way and just gone 'fuck it, I'm going back to Justiguitar/youtube, etc'.

I understand your point. And it's a very valid point. At this moment I'm going to be clearing out and approving things every 12 hours. There are also other people on here, as I've made you aware of, that help as well. But Syn would literally have to hire 5 different people to take care of different timezones and stuff like that and right now that's just unreasonable. That's why I issued this statement is so try to hope to get people's nerves to be settled. I'm hoping that this curbs the frustration a little bit. But we'll see how it goes! This is all about trial-and-error :)

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hire? I have no doubt there would be no shortage of people happy to volunteer their time to help out around here.

Anyway, just put it out there as something to think about. I hate to think that people may be turned off using the forums or the lessons over something that is quite easily remedied.

Last edited:

Kfir Yaakovi

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Israel
    Hire? I have no doubt there would be no shortage of people happy to volunteer their time to help out around here.

Anyway, just put it out there as something to think about. I hate to think that people may be turned of using the forums or the lessons over something that is quite easily remedied.
    +1
    Forum moderators in these types of forums usually earned the title or volunteers. It doesn't mean they have to go 24/7 on approving and handling the tasks. But just adding few more people to assist now and then will create more positive experience for new students.

We have people here from all over the world, in all ages, with different approaches and reasons to join the school. I think the goal is to grow and accept everyone and make sure their first impresion on the forum will be positive.

J

Jak Angelescu

+1
    Forum moderators in these types of forums usually earned the title or volunteers. It doesn't mean they have to go 24/7 on approving and handling the tasks. But just adding few more people to assist now and then will create more positive experience for new students.

We have people here from all over the world, in all ages, with different approaches and reasons to join the school. I think the goal is to grow and accept everyone and make sure their first impresion on the forum will be positive.

We're working on it.

• Love
    Reactions: Kfir Yaakovi
    J

Jak Angelescu

Anyway, just put it out there as something to think about. I hate to think that people may be turned off using the forums or the lessons over something that is quite easily remedied.

I didn't mean 'hire' like paying someone. Sorry if it came off like that. But we're working on that now, actually. I'm choosing my little henchmen.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

c.rupp

Garage band Groupie
    Jul 31, 2020
    Hey there! Welcome to the site! I'm the community leader and the most active ADMIN of this school, and I welcome you dearly!
    Please be aware that this site is undergoing some changes. We have some awesome things in store for you and we're working as hard as we can to give you the best learning experience ever! However, you may notice your content is not approved immediately. This is due to the fact that the team behind the magic you receive for free, had many issues with spammers. Please be patient, it may take up to 3 BUSINESS DAYS for your content to be approved.

Also, while we enjoy freedom of speech and silliness here, we DO NOT TOLERATE THE FOLLOWING AND THERE IS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

1. Spamming and soliciting your content on the riff section in copious amounts without being an active member. (For example, posting 5 professional covers a day begging for followers on YouTube)
    2. Bullying your other students
    3. Disrespecting the school
    4. Harassing other students on their private social media accounts
    5. Liking Johnny Christ as your favorite member of Avenged Sevenfold

I AM THE QUEEN CAT OF THIS SCHOOL. Yes, you read that right! ;) ;) This means I will cheer you on, support you, promote you, and help you the best I can. However, that also means I am to be RESPECTED. I'm known to leave honest feedback on your riffs, but it's only out of love. All of the other admins are to be RESPECTED AS WELL.

We also are known to host contests where you can win some badass prizes! So enjoy the community! Make friends, take the lessons, and I (and the rest of Team $yn) look forward to watching your growth!

Jak Angelescu
    Jak, if I post an A7X cover on bass, will I get canned? (I'm only half serious...)