• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Alright You Guys! Class Is In Session!

J

Jak Angelescu

Well, well, well. This week has been overly eventful for me. But I have this really awesome idea to really get the students engaged. It’s not a project though. I’m really super sorry to those who submitted to the last project because you all really wanted to see everyone’s progression but I’ve got to be honest. With projects I have issues with students adhering to the rules, abiding by deadlines, sending the videos to my email address and not somewhere else, videos being blocked, students taking a long time to respond to these situations, etc. Next thing I know the deadline has passed, other students await the project, and the other ones who are having issues get upset when I release the project without them. So I felt that THIS way would be the BEST way to let people do things on their own and no one gets left out and yet people can repeatedly participate when they have the time. So if you can’t partake in it this week, you can do it next week or whatever 🙂
This is what we’re doing…
I had a “suggested post” from Instagram and what it was, was a girl guitarist (very good one, by the way) and she had a video about a task she had to do for her music school and she performed it. The task (homework) was she was assigned a solo from a song and had to learn the first half of the solo and then WRITE A SECOND HALF of the solo utilizing the mode she learned in school. I thought “That’s fucking brilliant! Not only do you do ear training, but you also have to write and APPLY things you learned!”
So it gave me this as an idea…
I will start with Lesson 7 for the beginners. It will be UP TO YOU GUYS to watch the lesson on here and every Sunday I’ll go live to help with problems. I will also give you guys “homework” that is based off of that lesson on Sunday that you all will either submit your videos to me through my email, or I will call you out on the spot to go live with me and help ease your fears about performing for others. A lot of students had a lot of fun going live with Hector and I 🙂
The reason why I want to do this, is to kill a lot of birds with one stone. It will encourage the students to take the lessons here seriously, apply them, hold self accountability, get feedback live from other students, and also ebb their fears about performing/playing with others watching. I still speak to so many students who say “Oh I post stuff all the time but I don’t really watch the lessons” and you see them making the same mistakes over and over again. Let’s take it to the next level! I’m here to help you guys out. And I’ve got a lot sorted out with my own repertoire that it’s something I’d love to try.
As far as the “Milking the Lessons” go, I’m not getting a lot of feedback on it. I see they’ll have like 30 views but maybe 1 or 2 likes and if I’m lucky, a comment at most. I don’t want to be taking 2 hours every week studying a lesson, mapping out things to help, editing and uploading and recording the video, if no one really cares.
If I do this, you can either “opt in” or if you don’t have enough time, you can “opt out”. Those who DO submit their homework videos will get featured on the weekly collaboration video!
I hope this makes sense. If you all would be interested let me know! Love you guys!
Jak

J

Jak Angelescu

Yes that’s right! And the school is active and it’s great to see! But I’m hoping to see more material based around the lessons so that everyone’s learning what’s on here. It’s great to share knowledge on the forums and show off your favorite covers and jams, but i’m trying to also ensure everyone from the beginners to the pros are utilizing the lessons to get the best experience and improvement 🤗 after all, that’s a big chunk of how I improved!

Synner Endless Summer Collection