• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Alternate Picking III

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    There are 4 levels of speed ,,,, in each etude I can not go over 3. 😕😕
    On the last one slow the metronome or tab track slower than the others for awhile, so you can try count it in your mind. I struggle with this too, especially after practicing the first speeds and moving to the fastest. Usually already tired. Trying to play it too fast helps too, even if it's a little sloppy. It's to try make your hands go faster, when it goes back to normal speed should be easier. Than just need to sync your hands again. lol I didn't even get this far yet

Reactions: Rios1128

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Should I be counting to 6 on the groupings of 6 instead of 3?
    I'm messing up some by not practicing it right.
    The last lick ascends 9 notes in 6's and resets, throwing me off cause it's so fast.
    Got it to 70% today, it probably sounds off cause the first sentence.
    I think automatically I'm count/playing to 9 and missing the feel.
    Thinking a lot about my timing, it's gotten better over the past year but still an issue

Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Got the last part up to 80% towards the end of my practice the other day, it's still tricky but counting the 6's even though it seems awkward is helping.
    Probably going to move on after one more practice of this one cause I can somewhat apply it to the other scales more slower.