• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Amp advice

Kai C

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
The AxeFx seems like the perfect system to be honest, it's just out of my price range to buy on a whim. I'd need to plan for it. I believe the future is in digital toning instead of analog, but that's a separate conversation entirely. I have a Boss Katana 50w and it's pretty awesome. All Katana models have a dial for wattage (.5w, 25w, 50w, and 100w on the 100w systems) as well as a headphone jack. Where I live the lower settings are perfect for room use.

Reactions: Calvin Phillips

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I have an MT-15 and an AxeFX2XL+. Love 'em both.
    If the question is Kemper or AxeFX, I will say this - People with Kempers are still out there buying amps, and some even move away from the Kemper and back to amps eventually. Nobody ever goes back from AxeFX that I have seen.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    From what I know the Axe-fx is kind of the ultimate amp simulator because it's able to simulate a lot of amps and does so very well.

As far as your amp goes, I looked it up and there should be a button on the back with full power, half power. Half power basically reduces it to 7 W instead of 15 W.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Do you have your AxeFX going through a power cab?

When I want it out loud (which is mostly just at band practice, gigs, or if someone in the house wants to hear me play), one of the outputs runs to a JBL Eon-12 powered PA speaker. Since I use the full amp and cab modeling, all I need is FRFR (Full Range, Flat Response), which an ordinary PA does nicely.

Reactions: idssdi

Jacques

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    I'm saving up for an Axe-FX system without a doubt! It seems like a no brainer after reading and watching all the positive reviews out there on Fractal product, will probably go with either the AxeFX2XL or the AxeFX2XL+. From what ive gathered the Axe FX 3 is far too powerful/advanced for what im trying to do, also a pretty penny too! lol

However I have to upgrade my desktop first before i get too involved with the axe-fx and all the additional components! Im rocking an older desktop computer with the late Windows 7 software :cry: .

I currently play on an old Crate GT65 solid state amp. I've thought about swapping speakers with a Celestion Vintage 30 (lightly used off Reverb) or something but dont know if it would change much of my tone?!

Reactions: Ed Seith