• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Amp Contest Winner!

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Damn!!! TRUTH!! Ya so details to come but the vision is simple- to make an analog home base for ultimate customization. What most people(myself included before some minor education) don’t realize is that gain channels can easily be accomplished via good stomp boxes.

Some of my fav tones have been accomplished by sticking a rad distortion pedal in the fx loop of a rad amp.

As Fractal and others have democratized studio quality guitar tone in a small box, successfully i might add, I’m hoping to do this in a more traditional sense with tubes, power, and a rad fuckin speaker(shall be custom as well😈).

This is an alternative btw, not a cash grab. I use Fractal, my Hellwin, and This new freak show as well as others. This should be an addition to the arsenal but if you are considering this as your first move into building an arsenal, I’d recommend you wait til there are a few YouTube vids showing you what this shit sounds like. YOU NEED A DISTORTION PEDAL.

My biggest selling point- The guts of this beast are to support a legion of gain solutions rather than building something that sounds perfect for one gain solution.

My smallest selling point- The head detaches but it carries in its entirety as a combo amp. Simply put, It’s a fucking combo amp. It’s small but you can remove the head so it can live with you in the control room of the studio or at the front of the stage at a gig where it can power your pedals. Yes it has pedal power in the back of the head. No I’m not a genius but my friend Nick Fainbarg is, look him up. The transparency of tone with capacity of next level power will support ANY gain preference that your gigantic heart desires.

I’ve found that great high gain popular amps, do NOT support customization in an era where Kemper and Fractal are taking over and rightfully so.

Again, this is not a replacement, this is a solution for myself and my needs that I feel will serve a lot of fuckin players. Again AND again, DO NOT BUY WITHOUT DOING YOUR RESEARCH, I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY, ONLY YOUR HAPPINESS SO DO NOT LET YOURSELF DOWN!
Damn im seriously looking forward to this, and i never buy ANY gear without first looking at a ton of demos! Thats due to a lack of music stores near me😂 badass Syn! I cant wait! This is why youre one of the great ones!

Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Damn!!! TRUTH!! Ya so details to come but the vision is simple- to make an analog home base for ultimate customization. What most people(myself included before some minor education) don’t realize is that gain channels can easily be accomplished via good stomp boxes.

Some of my fav tones have been accomplished by sticking a rad distortion pedal in the fx loop of a rad amp.

As Fractal and others have democratized studio quality guitar tone in a small box, successfully i might add, I’m hoping to do this in a more traditional sense with tubes, power, and a rad fuckin speaker(shall be custom as well😈).

This is an alternative btw, not a cash grab. I use Fractal, my Hellwin, and This new freak show as well as others. This should be an addition to the arsenal but if you are considering this as your first move into building an arsenal, I’d recommend you wait til there are a few YouTube vids showing you what this shit sounds like. YOU NEED A DISTORTION PEDAL.

My biggest selling point- The guts of this beast are to support a legion of gain solutions rather than building something that sounds perfect for one gain solution.

My smallest selling point- The head detaches but it carries in its entirety as a combo amp. Simply put, It’s a fucking combo amp. It’s small but you can remove the head so it can live with you in the control room of the studio or at the front of the stage at a gig where it can power your pedals. Yes it has pedal power in the back of the head. No I’m not a genius but my friend Nick Fainbarg is, look him up. The transparency of tone with capacity of next level power will support ANY gain preference that your gigantic heart desires.

I’ve found that great high gain popular amps, do NOT support customization in an era where Kemper and Fractal are taking over and rightfully so.

Again, this is not a replacement, this is a solution for myself and my needs that I feel will serve a lot of fuckin players. Again AND again, DO NOT BUY WITHOUT DOING YOUR RESEARCH, I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY, ONLY YOUR HAPPINESS SO DO NOT LET YOURSELF DOWN!
    This is why I love this guy! Straight up truth and honesty. I think the Hellwin will always be my favorite amp ever. But you know I'm buying one of these new amps if only to support you, and have some fun doing it!

Reactions: Ed Seith

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Ooooh.... so I don’t know much about much (that’s what the husband is for) but I’m very intrigued about the amp now ! I never use the distortion channel on my current amp, I always use a few pedals via my clean channel and it’s my go to sound so this sounds exactly like something mama needs ! 😍

Rapture

Music Theory Bragger
    Oct 26, 2020
    France

This is definitely a killer idea.

Honestly, I was wondering what could be better than your actual Hellwin or FX3.

So I'm happy to say thats a great solution that you present to us with this clever one channel amp !

My dream tone would be the one on City of Evil album, the rythms and leads are just perfect.. I saw on forums and videos that you played through a Bogner Uberschall rev blue head, and I couldn't get my hands on this amp at this day.
    Im currently running an Amptweaker tight metal st through the clean channel of my ENGL Ironball, through a 1x12 cab with celestion k100. With my Schecter COE limited edition the tone is almost perfect !
    But Im sure I would get better results through your amp, especially if it's designed as a pedal platform !

So for 2021 I have got some choices:
    - the SGS with the all-new amptweaker's line pedals;
    - the 5150 stealth (I saw you are using 5150 tones preamp for your FX3)
    - get my hands on a Uberschall rev blue;
    - or embrace the digital world with the new Fractal fm3 with your cabs profiles..

2021 is going to be definitely interesting😊🙏

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I did pick up a Two Notes Captor X attenuator so I can push this and the MT-15 without making the neighbors' heads explode with rage. As we get closer to a ship date, I'm gonna have to score some distortion boxes. Horizon's Precision Drive is at the top of the list for metal stuff, and I probably need to look at something for a bluesier gain, as well (@Ids, any recommendations that are NOT a $5,000US Klon?).

@Syn Gates am I right in assuming this will be a Schecter branded product, or are you working with someone else? How does your custom speaker compare against a V30?

Cooper Brady

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 2, 2020
    Augusta, Georgia
    I did pick up a Two Notes Captor X attenuator so I can push this and the MT-15 without making the neighbors' heads explode with rage. As we get closer to a ship date, I'm gonna have to score some distortion boxes. Horizon's Precision Drive is at the top of the list for metal stuff, and I probably need to look at something for a bluesier gain, as well (@Ids, any recommendations that are NOT a $5,000US Klon?).

@Syn Gates am I right in assuming this will be a Schecter branded product, or are you working with someone else? How does your custom speaker compare against a V30?
    For a really similar sound to the Klon, I'd go with a Wampler Tumnus. Some of my other favorite distortion pedals are the classic Rat, Kirk Hammett's "KHDK Dark Blood", and anything from Revv.

Reactions: Rapture

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    For a really similar sound to the Klon, I'd go with a Wampler Tumnus. Some of my other favorite distortion pedals are the classic Rat, Kirk Hammett's "KHDK Dark Blood", and anything from Revv.
    I actually had a ProCo TurboRat in the 80s. Great lead tones; not so much on the rhythm. I'll check out the others, thanks!

Reactions: Cooper Brady

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen

Tc electronic mojo mojo overdrive is pretty good, mad professor twimble, tubescreamer there are quite a view.

There's also the nordvang gravity pedal which is basically a tubescreamer and klon in one(like two separate buttons to press).

I personally have been getting into those dual pedals lately so out of these my pick would probably be the mad professor twimble And the nordvang gravity pedal simply because it gives you more options within just one pedal. If you really just looking for the one pedal you can't go wrong with a tubescreamer and the mojo mojo overdrive is a really good budget option. To get the tone I like with the mojo mojo overdrive I do however put a vertex steel string or the pre-drive section of the mad professor Twimble in front of it(sometimes both) so it's really up to you and the budget you have available.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Michael Kokoszka

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019

How do you like the captor X?

I finally decided to not buy a captor x. Sold my mesa mark V 25, and my fractal FM3 should arrive next week!

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    How do you like the captor X?

I finally decided to not buy a captor x. Sold my mesa mark V 25, and my fractal FM3 should arrive next week!

I like it. It does a nice job, and the app is good for tweaking. I still have a lot of work to do to find the cabinet and settings I want, and I won't use it very often. The physical amps are the backup - the AxeFX IIXL+ is my main tone generator. You're gonna love the FM3.

Cooper Brady

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 2, 2020
    Augusta, Georgia
    For distortion I was thinking about coupling this with a Revv G4, the reviewers on thomann seem to like it a lot, and I want some brootal sounds out of Ampy. 😁 But the Horizon Precision Drive looks great as well, might have to check out both.
    I have a G3, the thing is a monster. Huge, crushing tones. Revv killed it with the whole "G" series.

Reactions: chris_is_cool

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    When the amp contest was running, Syn believed the first promo photos would hit at the end of 2020 with the first shipments late in Q1 (February or March). Since we've not seen any promo photos yet, it's likely delayed a little bit.

COVID would be the usual culprit, but he's working like hell on getting it done.