• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Amp Contest Winner!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Fucking staff member wins
    Syn did not know who submitted each name, nor did anyone outside of the LEGENDS in the submission list, so the voting was blind, too. I'm also a VOLUNTEER, and I paid for my legend status.

But I understand your frustration, and I'm sorry you feel that way.

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    First of all, congrats @Ed Seith, very well deserved. 🥳🥳🥳

And also, HOLY SHIT GUYS, I would never have imagined to actually get an amp with my little fun name 😍🤩.

Thanks to everyone who voted for it, even though I'm really glad we also have an actual winner, and thanks to Syn, PG, Alex, Jak, and the whole SGS team, you guys rock!!!
    Not gonna lie, you got the most votes by a hair with Ed a close second but his name will keep the lights on 😝 BUT, you did win and I AM going to do a small run of Ampy Macs that will most likely go collectible ya never know! You will have numero uno of that series my brother. Next time, go viral on YouTube so you make a milly 😂 All my love you silly genius

:syngates:

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Oh didn’t know was blind, was thinking we got hustled! 😂
    Sorta hustled my dude. Didn’t know who submitted names but Ed’s came in close to the top(votes still being tallied btw) to Ampy McFuckface(everyone’s fav and mine).
    I’m not gonna lie, I’m making an obviously smarter business decision to NOT call it Ampy BUT, I’m going to do a small run of McAmpys and of course Chris will get the first one!! Gotta be fair right 😝

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Syn is shooting for something affordable, as far as real tube amp combos go.
    Truth, we had a great convo today, if you wanna let the public know what the amps about please do! They’d appreciate it communicated through your filter. Don’t hold back on thoughts, you can’t hurt my feelings and we can always make a better one next time 😂

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Not gonna lie, you got the most votes by a hair with Ed a close second but his name will keep the lights on 😝 BUT, you did win and I AM going to do a small run of Ampy Macs that will most likely go collectible ya never know! You will have numero uno of that series my brother. Next time, go viral on YouTube so you make a milly 😂 All my love you silly genius

:syngates:
    Alright well 3 is a special number so... any ways I can pre order number 3 of ampy mcampface!? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay, guys, so with Syn's blessing, we are looking at (probably) the SGS-50, an all-tube PLATFORM amp. By platform, he means it will NOT have a gain/distortion/lead channel. This is a ONE CHANNEL clean, tube-powered amp to lay your pedals in front of and sculpt your mega-tone with. You want classic Marshall tone? Put a ZVEX "Box of Rock" in front of it. Does it Djent? Throw a Horizon Devices Precision Drive on the floor and tune to Drop Ab. And you KNOW somewhere down the road, the Big Man's gonna deliver a pedal or two of his own, so you may even be able to get that screaming Hellwin tone here too (that last part may be a little speculation, but WE CAN FUCKIN HOPE!).

As it is, it will be a combo-sized 1x12 amp, with speaker, focused on getting a stellar clean tube tone to build and sculpt on. It will be a CONVERTIBLE - even though it looks (and carries) like a combo amp, the head portion will be DETACHABLE to use in other situations, like in a studio (@Syn Gates - does that mean it will have a cab simulation direct out or a built in load box? I forgot to ask about that). Pedal power in the back, and other features. There is no other combo out there like this. Syn had the convertible idea kicking around for a few years, and I don't think I've seen anyone else do anything like it. Game changer - this is something you're gonna see every mid-line combo start doing for the next ten years.

It is VERY late in development, and there should at least be production photos of the final product by the end of the year, with units ready to ship by late February or March (timelines being what they are, they are subject to change), so yeah, you lucky bastards in the US, your tax refund is now earmarked :cool: .

Initial run will be USA-made with a price point between $800-1,000, with the hope of going high-volume with overseas production of a similar product for about $500. That is an INSANE price for what we're looking at - remember, this is practically a boutique amp in the sub-$1k range. I can't wait to move air with this thing.

Syn, I paraphrased a little, so if I'm off on anything, straighten me out.

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Okay, guys, so with Syn's blessing, we are looking at (probably) the SGS-50, an all-tube PLATFORM amp. By platform, he means it will NOT have a gain/distortion/lead channel. This is a ONE CHANNEL clean, tube-powered amp to lay your pedals in front of and sculpt your mega-tone with. You want classic Marshall tone? Put a ZVEX "Box of Rock" in front of it. Does it Djent? Throw a Horizon Devices Precision Drive on the floor and tune to Drop Ab. And you KNOW somewhere down the road, the Big Man's gonna deliver a pedal or two of his own, so you may even be able to get that screaming Hellwin tone here too (that last part may be a little speculation, but WE CAN FUCKIN HOPE!).

As it is, it will be a combo-sized 1x12 amp, with speaker, focused on getting a stellar clean tube tone to build and sculpt on. It will be a CONVERTIBLE - even though it looks (and carries) like a combo amp, the head portion will be DETACHABLE to use in other situations, like in a studio (@Syn Gates - does that mean it will have a cab simulation direct out or a built in load box? I forgot to ask about that). Pedal power in the back, and other features. There is no other combo out there like this. Syn had the convertible idea kicking around for a few years, and I don't think I've seen anyone else do anything like it. Game changer - this is something you're gonna see every mid-line combo start doing for the next ten years.

It is VERY late in development, and there should at least be production photos of the final product by the end of the year, with units ready to ship by late February or March (timelines being what they are, they are subject to change), so yeah, you lucky bastards in the US, your tax refund is now earmarked :cool: .

Initial run will be USA-made with a price point between $800-1,000, with the hope of going high-volume with overseas production of a similar product for about $500. That is an INSANE price for what we're looking at - remember, this is practically a boutique amp in the sub-$1k range. I can't wait to move air with this thing.

Syn, I paraphrased a little, so if I'm off on anything, straighten me out.
    Sounds really awesome!! One issue is that I don’t have any pedals :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I want to get some cuz the amp I have now Is crap and doesn’t have good heavy tones. But I’m gonna see how it goes when the amp is out and keep it in consideration ;)

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith