• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Amp Contest Winner!

Syn Gates

🦾
Staff member
Legend+
Sep 18, 2019
Huntington Beach
Damn!!! TRUTH!! Ya so details to come but the vision is simple- to make an analog home base for ultimate customization. What most people(myself included before some minor education) don’t realize is that gain channels can easily be accomplished via good stomp boxes.

Some of my fav tones have been accomplished by sticking a rad distortion pedal in the fx loop of a rad amp.

As Fractal and others have democratized studio quality guitar tone in a small box, successfully i might add, I’m hoping to do this in a more traditional sense with tubes, power, and a rad fuckin speaker(shall be custom as well😈).

This is an alternative btw, not a cash grab. I use Fractal, my Hellwin, and This new freak show as well as others. This should be an addition to the arsenal but if you are considering this as your first move into building an arsenal, I’d recommend you wait til there are a few YouTube vids showing you what this shit sounds like. YOU NEED A DISTORTION PEDAL.

My biggest selling point- The guts of this beast are to support a legion of gain solutions rather than building something that sounds perfect for one gain solution.

My smallest selling point- The head detaches but it carries in its entirety as a combo amp. Simply put, It’s a fucking combo amp. It’s small but you can remove the head so it can live with you in the control room of the studio or at the front of the stage at a gig where it can power your pedals. Yes it has pedal power in the back of the head. No I’m not a genius but my friend Nick Fainbarg is, look him up. The transparency of tone with capacity of next level power will support ANY gain preference that your gigantic heart desires.

I’ve found that great high gain popular amps, do NOT support customization in an era where Kemper and Fractal are taking over and rightfully so.

Again, this is not a replacement, this is a solution for myself and my needs that I feel will serve a lot of fuckin players. Again AND again, DO NOT BUY WITHOUT DOING YOUR RESEARCH, I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY, ONLY YOUR HAPPINESS SO DO NOT LET YOURSELF DOWN!

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Damn!!! TRUTH!! Ya so details to come but the vision is simple- to make an analog home base for ultimate customization. What most people(myself included before some minor education) don’t realize is that gain channels can easily be accomplished via good stomp boxes.

Some of my fav tones have been accomplished by sticking a rad distortion pedal in the fx loop of a rad amp.

As Fractal and others have democratized studio quality guitar tone in a small box, successfully i might add, I’m hoping to do this in a more traditional sense with tubes, power, and a rad fuckin speaker(shall be custom as well😈).

This is an alternative btw, not a cash grab. I use Fractal, my Hellwin, and This new freak show as well as others. This should be an addition to the arsenal but if you are considering this as your first move into building an arsenal, I’d recommend you wait til there are a few YouTube vids showing you what this shit sounds like. YOU NEED A DISTORTION PEDAL.

My biggest selling point- The guts of this beast are to support a legion of gain solutions rather than building something that sounds perfect for one gain solution.

My smallest selling point- The head detaches but it carries in its entirety as a combo amp. Simply put, It’s a fucking combo amp. It’s small but you can remove the head so it can live with you in the control room of the studio or at the front of the stage at a gig where it can power your pedals. Yes it has pedal power in the back of the head. No I’m not a genius but my friend Nick Fainbarg is, look him up. The transparency of tone with capacity of next level power will support ANY gain preference that your gigantic heart desires.

I’ve found that great high gain popular amps, do NOT support customization in an era where Kemper and Fractal are taking over and rightfully so.

Again, this is not a replacement, this is a solution for myself and my needs that I feel will serve a lot of fuckin players. Again AND again, DO NOT BUY WITHOUT DOING YOUR RESEARCH, I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY, ONLY YOUR HAPPINESS SO DO NOT LET YOURSELF DOWN!
    Really love how you said you don’t want our money just our happiness! It’s great to hear that! That’s how it should always be 🥰 Dont just buy something because of a brand or the name on it, buy it because you think you’ll benefit from it!

Last edited:

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    I believe you Syn! You might get to have your cake and eat it too though... History has proven when strippers talk exactly like this, it's the fastest way to both my money AND my happiness
    Damn dude, dunno if you saw the South Park where Cartman loses his funny bone but this is nailed my man. You took me to a good place🌈

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Okay, guys, so with Syn's blessing, we are looking at (probably) the SGS-50, an all-tube PLATFORM amp. By platform, he means it will NOT have a gain/distortion/lead channel. This is a ONE CHANNEL clean, tube-powered amp to lay your pedals in front of and sculpt your mega-tone with. You want classic Marshall tone? Put a ZVEX "Box of Rock" in front of it. Does it Djent? Throw a Horizon Devices Precision Drive on the floor and tune to Drop Ab. And you KNOW somewhere down the road, the Big Man's gonna deliver a pedal or two of his own, so you may even be able to get that screaming Hellwin tone here too (that last part may be a little speculation, but WE CAN FUCKIN HOPE!).

As it is, it will be a combo-sized 1x12 amp, with speaker, focused on getting a stellar clean tube tone to build and sculpt on. It will be a CONVERTIBLE - even though it looks (and carries) like a combo amp, the head portion will be DETACHABLE to use in other situations, like in a studio (@Syn Gates - does that mean it will have a cab simulation direct out or a built in load box? I forgot to ask about that). Pedal power in the back, and other features. There is no other combo out there like this. Syn had the convertible idea kicking around for a few years, and I don't think I've seen anyone else do anything like it. Game changer - this is something you're gonna see every mid-line combo start doing for the next ten years.

It is VERY late in development, and there should at least be production photos of the final product by the end of the year, with units ready to ship by late February or March (timelines being what they are, they are subject to change), so yeah, you lucky bastards in the US, your tax refund is now earmarked :cool: .

Initial run will be USA-made with a price point between $800-1,000, with the hope of going high-volume with overseas production of a similar product for about $500. That is an INSANE price for what we're looking at - remember, this is practically a boutique amp in the sub-$1k range. I can't wait to move air with this thing.

Syn, I paraphrased a little, so if I'm off on anything, straighten me out.
    Sounds like it's the perfect amp to use my 15 or so pedals on.

Sma question, is it a clean amp with lots of headroom? Because if so it would be like a dumble and I want one 🤣🤣

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen

Tbh, my tone has always been a whole bunch of pedals in front of a roland cube and I know the Dumble steel string singer is a super clean amp so SRV must have been using some pedals for his tone as well. I know do sure John Mayer's tone come from an tube screamer and he adds a klon for his higher gain stuff I think(he also mixes two amps but that's another story altogether)

What I'm wondering is, Don't you put distortion pedals in front of the amp instead of the fx loop? I always though it goes distortion and stuff like wash in front of the amp and modulation and time based (delay, reverbs etc.) In the fx loop 😅

Reactions: Kfir Yaakovi

Salman AlKh

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 19, 2019
    Bahrain

will the amp go on synn3r.com? if it is... will you release the date anytime soon🤪👀

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy

Again, this is not a replacement, this is a solution for myself and my needs that I feel will serve a lot of fuckin players. Again AND again, DO NOT BUY WITHOUT DOING YOUR RESEARCH, I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY, ONLY YOUR HAPPINESS SO DO NOT LET YOURSELF DOWN
    good Synyster!😭😍 you’re fantastic. and this sounds awesomely freaking cool.😌👻🥳

• Love
    Reactions: William B.

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
    Apr 18, 2020
    Cologne, Germany
    What I'm wondering is, Don't you put distortion pedals in front of the amp instead of the fx loop? I always though it goes distortion and stuff like wash in front of the amp and modulation and time based (delay, reverbs etc.) In the fx loop 😅
    I think it also depends on the pedal and the tone you are after? For example, according to YouTube, the Boss Metal Zone sounds much better when put in the fx loop instead of just in front. Ola Englund did a video on this.

Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Okay, guys, so with Syn's blessing, we are looking at (probably) the SGS-50, an all-tube PLATFORM amp. By platform, he means it will NOT have a gain/distortion/lead channel. This is a ONE CHANNEL clean, tube-powered amp to lay your pedals in front of and sculpt your mega-tone with. You want classic Marshall tone? Put a ZVEX "Box of Rock" in front of it. Does it Djent? Throw a Horizon Devices Precision Drive on the floor and tune to Drop Ab. And you KNOW somewhere down the road, the Big Man's gonna deliver a pedal or two of his own, so you may even be able to get that screaming Hellwin tone here too (that last part may be a little speculation, but WE CAN FUCKIN HOPE!).

As it is, it will be a combo-sized 1x12 amp, with speaker, focused on getting a stellar clean tube tone to build and sculpt on. It will be a CONVERTIBLE - even though it looks (and carries) like a combo amp, the head portion will be DETACHABLE to use in other situations, like in a studio (@Syn Gates - does that mean it will have a cab simulation direct out or a built in load box? I forgot to ask about that). Pedal power in the back, and other features. There is no other combo out there like this. Syn had the convertible idea kicking around for a few years, and I don't think I've seen anyone else do anything like it. Game changer - this is something you're gonna see every mid-line combo start doing for the next ten years.

It is VERY late in development, and there should at least be production photos of the final product by the end of the year, with units ready to ship by late February or March (timelines being what they are, they are subject to change), so yeah, you lucky bastards in the US, your tax refund is now earmarked :cool: .

Initial run will be USA-made with a price point between $800-1,000, with the hope of going high-volume with overseas production of a similar product for about $500. That is an INSANE price for what we're looking at - remember, this is practically a boutique amp in the sub-$1k range. I can't wait to move air with this thing.

Syn, I paraphrased a little, so if I'm off on anything, straighten me out.
    Daaaamn that Sounds so cool. It's a Dream of Mine to own a Tube amp and one with a beautiful @Syn Gates Style Clean Tone is fucking insane!

Just kinda bummed I still won't be able to afford it, especially because I need a good distortion Pedal too (Horizon being at the top of my list but fucking expensive in Europe).
    Also 50W are probably too much for my bedroom already... 😕