• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Amp sims

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    The interface is incredible. I love that. Tonally, I'd have to hear it, to actually play with the tones and feel it. Now, my AxeFX II XL+ is two revs back on hardware and probably a dozen back on firmware, and Cliff at Fractal is working on ANOTHER new ground-up rebuild of the amp firmware for the III and higher, so I doubt this will be BETTER than current AxeFX stuff, but we're getting to a point where that matters less and less to us mere mortals, and it becomes all about ease of use.

This may do it.

At $1600 US that's really nice. I'd like to see how well that screen holds up to floor use night after night.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I refuse to use positive grid after the way they delayed their customers 8 plus months for orders pending. Instead of trying to get caught up they just kept advertising til there were too any orders to fill and they fell behind (obviousness pandemic comes into plY too) but then they never responded to e mails.. the comments I saw on their adds lol. I'm hoping their next product they do a better job "pre ordering"

Reactions: idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I refuse to use positive grid after the way they delayed their customers 8 plus months for orders pending. Instead of trying to get caught up they just kept advertising til there were too any orders to fill and they fell behind (obviousness pandemic comes into plY too) but then they never responded to e mails.. the comments I saw on their adds lol. I'm hoping their next product they do a better job "pre ordering"
    I personally don't really have a problem with positive grid, I use bias fx and I'm pretty satisfied with it. My order at Thomann also has been delayed for a month because they didn't have the strings I ordered in stock and I kinda just chill and wait, not really a big deal for me personally😅

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    The interface is incredible. I love that. Tonally, I'd have to hear it, to actually play with the tones and feel it. Now, my AxeFX II XL+ is two revs back on hardware and probably a dozen back on firmware, and Cliff at Fractal is working on ANOTHER new ground-up rebuild of the amp firmware for the III and higher, so I doubt this will be BETTER than current AxeFX stuff, but we're getting to a point where that matters less and less to us mere mortals, and it becomes all about ease of use.

This may do it.

At $1600 US that's really nice. I'd like to see how well that screen holds up to floor use night after night.
    Ooh yeah, feeling and play it is probably the best way to figure out whether something is good or not, yet it looks pretty great to me. Just not sure whether it's definitely better than what fractal does and I think the FM3 is actually cheaper too 😅

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I personally don't really have a problem with positive grid, I use bias fx and I'm pretty satisfied with it. My order at Thomann also has been delayed for a month because they didn't have the strings I ordered in stock and I kinda just chill and wait, not really a big deal for me personally😅
    I'm sure their products are fine. But it's the customer service. If I had to wait 8 months for a 250 dollar practice album.. id.l pass everytime.