• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Ampless Rig - What's the best option?

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Hey guys, I'm in need of some advice on making an ampless rig - for someone who can't afford a Kemper or Axe FX.

I'm basically looking for a way to gig with my band without having to lug a 100 watt amp to every show. I own a line 6 HX effects pedal, however this doesn't have amp modelling. I've looked up a bunch of different pedals for Amp modelling and Impulse response, but I have no idea what the best option would be for this?

Any advice is much appreciated! 😊

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Obviously, I'm an Axe FX guy. I have a Kemper as well, but to me there is no comparison. I am not endorsed. I use what I like. I love the AX8, but it's been discontinued. The FM3 is the new floor model and I've heard great things about it - though I have not tried one yet. They are both pricey (about $1,000) but not nearly as pricey as an Axe FX rack mount. There is no sound you can't get. They're truly amazing.
    Hope that helps!
    pg

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Thanks for all the replies @Ids Schiere , @Ed Seith , @Brian Haner Sr. , @Ethan Keeling ! I've been having internet connection issues recently which is why I've only just seen these answers.

I'm definitely going to research all the options you've given me here. Ideally I'd love a Kemper or Axe FX, it might just be a matter of saving and making the investment!

Synner Endless Summer Collection