• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Another Exciting Community Update!!

alexj

Community Manager
Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    Hi all! We're really excited to announce some new features we have coming to the school over the next week. We're adding in an achievement system, which is a great way to reward you all for all of your successes and an easy way for you guys to track your progress. We're also going to add in a leaderboard system to have some friendly competition between students. We've also already added in custom emojis for Legendary and Supporting members! If you press the emoji button when you're sending out a message you should be able to see them! Let me know if you guys have any questions!

alexj

Community Manager
    Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    Just wondering because I thought there already was a bit of a leaderboard system, in what way is it changed and are those stats conserved? I'm not saying I'm competitive but I am competitive 😅
    The "leaderboards" on that page are more just raw calculations of a person's community contributions. With our leaderboard system, you can sort the leaderboard by daily, weekly, or monthly and get alerts when you've gotten a position on a leaderboard. We will be working to find a solution to integrate the 2 systems a bit more. Let me know if that clears everything up!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    The "leaderboards" on that page are more just raw calculations of a person's community contributions. With our leaderboard system, you can sort the leaderboard by daily, weekly, or monthly and get alerts when you've gotten a position on a leaderboard. We will be working to find a solution to integrate the 2 systems a bit more. Let me know if that clears everything up!
    Aah ok! That definetely clears things up! Where is the position in the new leaderboard based on?

Reactions: alexj
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I don't understand the little tag things. The things like New Student and Campfire Hero. I click on "select showcase achievements" and I don't get anything. I'm totally out of all of this!
    Dude same ! Mine says “music theory bragger” 🤣🤣🤣
    And the same with the achievements. I think I’ve got like one or two that’s highlighted but some others I know I’ve done so I’m definitely confused on the new stuff. The emojis are cool though ! :rock-hand:

Reactions: alexj and idssdi

alexj

Community Manager
    Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    I don't understand the little tag things. The things like New Student and Campfire Hero. I click on "select showcase achievements" and I don't get anything. I'm totally out of all of this!

Hey Jak! Those are user titles, not achievements. You move up in user title as you gain experience points (XP). After the system is fully added to the site, I'll be configuring it to give everyone achievements for all the tasks they've already completed before the system was on the site!