• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Any good A7X presets for Bias Amp 2/ Bias FX 2?

h00jraq

New Student
Apr 16, 2020
Hi,

I was trying to find some good presets but well, could not find anything good with Bias FX 2 so I think the best way would be to create an amp with Bias Amp 2 which will get close to what Syn was using.

Did anyone have tried to achieve some good/interesting results with Bias amp 2 and/or Bias Fx 2?
I know that Bias Amp 2 have amp modeling feature but in order to get some good result, isolated guitar track would be needed and it not an easy thing to find :).

Synner Endless Summer Collection

h00jraq

New Student
Apr 16, 2020
Well JCM800 is the only one available which is mentioned in the video. Lookig at his amp, it does not look like jcm 800.
I'm also curious how he got this Avenged 7X on amp and bat graphic on it...

Last edited:

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Well JCM800 is the only one available which is mentioned in the video. Lookig at his amp, it does not look like jcm 800.
You can try to dial in your own tone.

They used a mesa boogie dual rectifier on WTF I believe and there's a triple rectifier based amp in bias fx.

The Hellwin is based on the Peavey 5150 and Peavey 6550 which are both in bias fx as well.

There are also a lot of other high gain amplifiers available so there really is plenty to work with.

It's actually very important to be able to dial in tones by yourself instead of having someone else do it for you and just giving you the presets. So go and try it yourself first with the Amps I just mentioned and if you still get stuck(like give it a week or so) come back again.

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
What you will need is Bias amp 2 to get just a modeler of the amp, with that you have two options
1: Download a preset of a matched amp of A7X albums
2: Use the amp match feature to get the tone of any song you want, obviously isn't gonna be the exact same tone but it gets pretty close.

With the amp match you will need a wav file of a guitar track of the song you want to get the tone, be sure that the volume of the track isn't too high or it will lose quality, just reduce the volume of the track in a DAW and then save it as wav file.

You can google Bias Amp 2 amp match and you will find more in detail videos about it.

After this you can load the amp in Bias Fx 2 under the Bias Amp 2 section (it is in the categories filter of the amps)
then you can add pedals eq's etc

i hope it works!