• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Any1 know any artists that sound from the 80s era?

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Hey, I'm looking for recommendations. I hoping to find some hidden gems I really like in the 80s era. I will list some examples.

Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died in your arms, Heart - Alone, Aha - Take on me, Michael Sembello - Maniac, Bryan Adams - Summer of 69, Simple minds - Don't you (forget about me), The Buggles - Video killed the radio star, UB40 - Red red wine, Eric Carmen - Hungry eyes, Billy idol - White wedding, Boy meets girl - Waiting for a star to fall.

Just some examples of songs I like from this era. I do watch a lot of Rick Beato he bashes music nowadays pop music nowadays, But he doesn't seem to analyze any let's say indie, underground artists that make music like these 80s eras. I just really wanted to see if there is an artist like the 80s era out now, today. I really hope there's something out here now.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
I have listened to John Mayer's a couple of his songs from that album. It's not bad I just don't fall completely in love with them but they are not bad it's more of a chilled-out vibe. Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone I do know of him I know he is considered a big name, I have heard of him many times before. I'm gonna check Steel Panther, I know that they have been going for a very long time. I was more looking for some band or artist that is not well known. I can give one example though, The weekend seems to be going more of that direction of the 80s but that's the only one I can think of. But he is very well known.

Upvote 0

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Listen to Fire Tiger, they do 80's style music. Pretty cool stuff.
Sooo funny just stopped listening to them just now after reading a comment about them on the song living on a prayer on youtube bloody hell the world is small. I swear down I thought let me check syngates site Let me guess someone has mentioned them. Bloody hell thats scary.

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyS and Ed Seith
Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    I think Ghost got that vibe going on pretty often?
    Their newest album definitely has some 80ish stuff going on imo. Most of the stuff prior is probably little more 70s oriented like Radi said, but yeah, Prequelle for sure has some serious 80s moments. I love Ghost far too much lol.

Upvote 0