• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Anyone have an electronic pedalboard ?

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hey y’all !

So, as most of you know the husband and I both play and are learning (well, I’m learning he’s just playing lol)

Anywho, we have two amps, but only one pedal board and often like to play together. So instead of rebuying all the pedals we already have to have a second board he brought up the idea of an electronic pedal board. I’ve seen demos for the plethora X5 and it sounds decent and has a multitude of options, but I’d love to know if anyone of you guys has it or something comparable and if it’s worth it or not.

As it stands now when we play together he usually gets the fun shit and I just play straight into my amp 😭😂

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I have a Line 6 HD500X, and i think it has great effects built in as well as amps. You can get one on the used market for around $300. Also has a built in foot controller which comes in handy
    Can concur here. The only thing I didn't like about the PODHD was the cabinet modeling, and you wouldn't be using that. Had great effects!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I think there are a lot of those floor pedal boards around. Even fractal now has one of those floor units which is cheaper than the actual axe-fx. Then you have all this multi-effect processors you can find. They are pretty convenient but I never really was drawn to them so much(I like to tap dance 🤪)

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Larry Tooley

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    I have a bunch of pedals, but who wants to carry that mess around. So I have one of these because I am cheap and it sounds great. I run it through the aux in of my Roland Cube 30. I can carry my my guitar, amp and small pedal board and still have a hand free to open the door. :)

$299 on Amazon. The used prices on Reverb are dumb. I would buy new unless you could get someone to accept $200 for a used one.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection