• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

App Feedback Thread

Riffs&Lix

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I was almost asleep when an idea struck me and i had to post it. First off, looooove the app. Its so much fun to learn how to use it (its very intuitively designed, like a better,far more streamlined, and far less genocide provoking version of FB haha)and interact with all the SYNNERS out there. Anyway back to the main subject of this thread.

Perhaps there should be a thread dedicated to community feedback on their interactions with the app, and possible upgrades/updates in the future could be discussed as well.

One such idea: What if, while using the MEDIA tab and posting riffs, we could just record a video on our mobile?

It would then be uploaded to the app as an mp4 or other local video source. in addition to what we have to do currently. Having to post to our instas or youtube or whatever online media source you like to post, and copy that link and then paste into the field desinated for that link, and waiting for the link to clear to post it.

Im sure there are justified, totally valid reasons for why this isnt a thing. just a thought.

Also, another idea. Unless this is already a thing and i just dont remember seeing it.

A tutorial for navigating the app? like a Synner clippy. haha

Okay im gonna try and sleep (Play Halo for an hour before bed and its currently 3:10 am)

Solution
We already have plans for something of the sort but I can't really speak on it because there's still a lot of work to be done and things to figure out though I will explain why this is difficult:

When you upload a video, the video has to be stored right? The file has a size, etc... and you need servers to be able to host all of that. Without going into details, let me just tell you that there is a reason why Twitch, Youtube, instagram, etc... are capable to operate at the scale they do: they are owned by the biggest corporations on the planet who can afford warehouses of data storing.

So in conclusion, it's definitely something we want to do and we are trying to find a way to make it work however, that's not happening for a little...

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    We already have plans for something of the sort but I can't really speak on it because there's still a lot of work to be done and things to figure out though I will explain why this is difficult:

When you upload a video, the video has to be stored right? The file has a size, etc... and you need servers to be able to host all of that. Without going into details, let me just tell you that there is a reason why Twitch, Youtube, instagram, etc... are capable to operate at the scale they do: they are owned by the biggest corporations on the planet who can afford warehouses of data storing.

So in conclusion, it's definitely something we want to do and we are trying to find a way to make it work however, that's not happening for a little while still unfortunately. And so we must continue to upload the videos on YT, IG, etc... and then link it here.

I'm tagging @alexj so she can bring in some of her great knowledge as well as checking in on the rest of your feedback. We should definitely have a thread for people to be able to post that valuable feedback! Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, they are greatly appreciated! :)

Upvote 0
    Solution

alexj

Community Manager
    Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    Hey everyone! Yes, the reasoning for why we have videos posted on Synner in the way we do (through Instagram, YouTube, etc.) is exactly what Radu said. Unfortunately, storing all of those videos can become quite expensive and by having those videos hosted on another site the actual stored file will be on the other platform, but we can still see and enjoy the video here. We know that it is by no means ideal and does create some extra steps, but due to the costs, it's what needs to be done for now. Like Radu said, this is a problem that we want to find a solution for and the solution is a ways away, but this is something that we think is important to tackle and will of course make the experience easier for you guys.

As for an app tutorial, that's absolutely something we can do!

Upvote 0

Riffs&Lix

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Just to be very transparent, this question posed isnt a veiled attempt at somehow profitting off a FREE app. The question was born out of how "Free" apps typically operate. Example: i was a beta tester for SONGSTERR, and i referred the app to 25 people. as a result, i was given a premium membership for life. Saves me 10-20 bucks a month lol.

Upvote 0