• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Are Rechargeable Batteries for a Guitar OK?

Simon Flames

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Porto, Portugal
www.youtube.com
Hey Synners, I need to change the battery for my Syn Custom and I'm wondering if it's ok to buy a rechargeable kit from Energizer so I don't have to keep buying new batteries every 3 months or so. I can't find this topic anywhere online so I'm asking for anyone that knows more about native pickups than me 😂 Thanks

These are the batteries if it makes a difference:

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Simon Flames

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Porto, Portugal
www.youtube.com
I mean a rechargable battery is exactly that a rechargable battery. It's effectively what's also in your phone or laptop so I really don't think that on its own will make a big difference 😅
Yeah, I just was told sometime that it's better to use non rechargeable but wasn't told why. If they only difference is they don't last as long then that's better and cheaper in the long term ahah thanks

Reactions: idssdi

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    There are cork-sniffers like Eric Johnson who swears he can tell the difference in his tone when he uses a different battery in one of his effects, but really, that's kinda bullshit. If it's not, he's definitely an anomaly.

Rechargeable batteries will not damage anything in your guitar, but batteries tend to last six to eight months if you're sure to unplug the guitar when you're not playing - it's the cord plugged into the output jack that turns it on and starts drawing current.

Synner Endless Summer Collection