• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Ask me anything?

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Skyrim is one of my all time Favorites too! It's the Game I spent the Most hours on. But I also love Oblivion, Dark Souls, Witcher, Bioshock and Doom. Just to Name a few of my Favorites!
    Totally agree about Elder Scrolls VI.

Armguards for archery are worn the Other way around than medieval Style armguards as they have to protect the inside of your arm. Aragorns bracer has pointy ends and buckles so you could Not wear it for archery.
    Skyrim is a game I've probably put 500-750 hours in on Xbox 360 and an additional 500 or so on PC. Mods made the experience even better! I will say that I'm 95% sure I've put even more hours in on Fallout 4 due to the community building aspect for the most part. I love building bases and small villages in that game and I would welcome it to a new Elder Scrolls game. I tried Dark Souls III a little while after it came out and I just couldn't get into it. It was so difficult compared to what I was playing at the time which was mostly Mafia III and Watchdogs II with a bit of Civ V thrown in. I just got Doom Eternal the other day! It's my first time playing a Doom game and holy crap has it been intense but fun. Definitely a fun game to kick back and just blast away for the afternoon. Ah alright. Thanks for the info man! I didn't know that.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Skyrim is a game I've probably put 500-750 hours in on Xbox 360 and an additional 500 or so on PC. Mods made the experience even better! I will say that I'm 95% sure I've put even more hours in on Fallout 4 due to the community building aspect for the most part. I love building bases and small villages in that game and I would welcome it to a new Elder Scrolls game. I tried Dark Souls III a little while after it came out and I just couldn't get into it. It was so difficult compared to what I was playing at the time which was mostly Mafia III and Watchdogs II with a bit of Civ V thrown in. I just got Doom Eternal the other day! It's my first time playing a Doom game and holy crap has it been intense but fun. Definitely a fun game to kick back and just blast away for the afternoon. Ah alright. Thanks for the info man! I didn't know that.
    Dark Souls is really challenging but rewarding. Best to play with a friend, it's so much more fun. You should totally have tried an original Doom first and then Doom (2016)! Then you would have known where it all comes from. Also you probably won't have as much fun with Doom 2016 if you played Eternal. Eternal is just even better in almost every way.

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I
    Dark Souls is really challenging but rewarding. Best to play with a friend, it's so much more fun. You should totally have tried an original Doom first and then Doom (2016)! Then you would have known where it all comes from. Also you probably won't have as much fun with Doom 2016 if you played Eternal. Eternal is just even better in almost every way.
    I've been playing through Doom 2 in Doom Eternal a bit. Definitely interesting seeing an early take on Doom and seeing the current model of it. It's crazy what a difference video games from back then vs the AAA games of today have when it comes to graphics and level design. Let alone AI and other various aspects. I'm curious if there will be an equally large jump in quality over the next 25 years.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I

I've been playing through Doom 2 in Doom Eternal a bit. Definitely interesting seeing an early take on Doom and seeing the current model of it. It's crazy what a difference video games from back then vs the AAA games of today have when it comes to graphics and level design. Let alone AI and other various aspects. I'm curious if there will be an equally large jump in quality over the next 25 years.
    Definetly. I also love how the original Doom games still "hold up". You can still perfectly play it today. Not like early Tomb Raider games with their awkward controls. Let's answer this thread in 25 years again and see what's changed! :D

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Doom 3 from about 2006, I think? That fucking game scared the hell out of me. Not "scared to go to sleep at night" scared or anything, but it had such a creepy atmosphere going. I was playing one night in my basement office. In the dark. 5.1 surround speakers I'd just bought. There I am, creeping my way through the dark, waiting for a Big Bad to come at me from the shadows when....

The cat jumped in my lap.

Poor little bastard got thrown to the ceiling totally on reflex. Never bothered me while gaming again. #TheTruth.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Doom 3 from about 2006, I think? That fucking game scared the hell out of me. Not "scared to go to sleep at night" scared or anything, but it had such a creepy atmosphere going. I was playing one night in my basement office. In the dark. 5.1 surround speakers I'd just bought. There I am, creeping my way through the dark, waiting for a Big Bad to come at me from the shadows when....

Poor little bastard got thrown to the ceiling totally on reflex. Never bothered me while gaming again. #TheTruth.
    Yeah that Game had quite some jumpscares too. Even without a Cat.
    But I was talking about the "Remake" from 2016. Which is really the Original dooms in modern graphics. No reloading, Double jumps, Pick Up ammo and Armor. So good.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Skyrim is one of my all time Favorites too! It's the Game I spent the Most hours on. But I also love Oblivion, Dark Souls, Witcher, Bioshock and Doom. Just to Name a few of my Favorites!
    Totally agree about Elder Scrolls VI.

Armguards for archery are worn the Other way around than medieval Style armguards as they have to protect the inside of your arm. Aragorns bracer has pointy ends and buckles so you could Not wear it for archery.
    Have you ever checked out Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Yeah that Game had quite some jumpscares too. Even without a Cat.
    But I was talking about the "Remake" from 2016. Which is really the Original dooms in modern graphics. No reloading, Double jumps, Pick Up ammo and Armor. So good.
    I did enjoy that, even though it lost the atmosphere in favor of adrenaline/run-n-gun stuff. Still great. Looking forward to more in Doom Eternal.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State

Mom was over visiting my aunt for a few days and babysitting the niece and nephew during the day while my aunt was at work. One night after a long shift dispatching which tends to be a rather stressful job my aunt sent the kids to bed. My aunt put on a horror movie which I think was one of the Nightmare on Elm Street films. They've got their popcorn and they're really focused in on the movie and how scary of a concept it is. The music starts building tension and Freddy's about to make his appearance when all of a sudden from behind the couch one of my aunts cats jumps onto the couch between the two of them. He timed it just right with Freddy popping up and he scared the hell out of them. Both my aunt and mom jump up out of fear and the popcorn bowl gets launched like 10 feet away. Popcorn is all over the place on top of the couch, next to the tv, in their hair, probably hidden in spots that won't be found until my aunt ends up moving a year later. Sitting there on the back of the couch is one very confused cat looking at them and wondering why the fuck did they just do that. From the stories I've heard Jack the cat had a knack for scaring folks with way too good of a sense of timing. It's safe to say they were probably calling Jack nasty names while cleaning up popcorn that night.