• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Avenged Sevenfold – Nightmare (Guitar Solo)

Bart Colen

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi guys,
My first video on this website! I’ve been a fan of Syn since I discovered the band after their release of Nightmare. The album, and especially the song ‘Nightmare’ itself, got me hooked on the band immediately.
Syn’s solos always scared the crap out of me because I thought I would never be able to play them. However, since last year I practiced more and more to try and master some more difficult and faster stuff on the guitar. Yesterday I hit the record button on my attempt on the Nightmare solo and I was pretty happy with the result. It’s definitely not without flaws, but I’m proud of how it turned out.
Hope you guys enjoy and if you have any feedback in regards of my playing or tone please feel free to comment.
Tabs used from the original tab book.
Gear used:
– Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 FRS
– Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Kind regards,
Bart
The Netherlands

J

Jak Angelescu

Very excellent work! I can tell that you have a great concept of grasping the idea of the solo. My only recommendation is to find the backing track for a lead guitar on YouTube and perform to that. Syn’s guitar was so prevalent in this it was very difficult sometimes to distinguish between you and him. But you should be very proud of this!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Bart Colen

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks Ed. At 38 seconds I switch to bridge pick-up. For some reason my Sustainiac pick-up doesn’t sound well for the fast picked part after that. Guess it’s a matter of personal taste, haha! Glad you liked it! Hopefully I’ll be uploading more in the future. Digging this website so far!

Bart Colen

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks a lot, Rod! This is currently my favorite guitar, hands down. Bought it exactly two years ago today actually. However, I promised myself to buy one of Syn’s guitars if I’d ever be able to pull off one of his more difficult solos as a sign of gratitude to him being a big influence.
Maybe now could be the time, or say… Christmas gift to myself this year? 🙂

Bart Colen

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’ve got my eyes on the Satin Goldburst Custom-S, absolutely in love with it. Unfortunately they don’t sell in stores here in The Netherlands. But I’ll probably just purchase it online since I don’t doubt the playability of this beauty.
Perhaps one day I’ll share a video using this guitar!

Synner Endless Summer Collection