• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Awesome Metal Song in a Standard Tuning?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hey y'all!
    So I set a goal to learn a couple of songs front to Back to "perform" them some day. But most songs on my list are in drop tunings and my guitar in drop D is in for repair.
    Can you recommend me some awesome metal songs in Standard Tunings? Doesn't matter If it's E, D, C.... Octave E 🤣
    Also doesn't have to be super easy but if it's got a shreddy solo I'll just focus on the lead part 😅

Here are my top favorite Metal bands right now, for reference.
    Trivium
    A7x
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Metallica

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    More or else any metallica song, except sad but true and a few others. Is your other guitar a hard tail? If so you could start in E and drop down tunings as you go?
    Sad but true is in D Standard I believe!
    I Just wanna leave this guitar in e Standard because Most of my practice stuff is in Standard too and I really only use drop Tunings for Covers right now :)

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Hollow or this love by Pantera. I think most Pantera is in standard(walk isn't but I think most are).

Revelations by Iron Maiden, Death To all but Metal by Steal Panther, Buried Alive, One by Metallica, symphony of destruction by Megadeth.

I think symphony x is in generally in D standard. Without You is a pretty cool song(they have some other really cool ones too with great riffs too)

Some of these may be in a half step down.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Motley Crue is D standard. Almost all 80s metal is E or Eb standard. With the exception of the first track on the latest album, Iron Maiden's entire catalog is E Standard.

Stone Sour is mostly D standard or Eb standard

A lot of Alter Bridge is Eb standard - Godspeed, the latest single, is for sure.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber