• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Axe FX III Rivera Knucklehead Tre Amp Match

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I realize that this probably isnt relevant to most of the people here, but if you have and Axe FX III and are interested, here is my first amp match of my Rivera Knucklehead Tre with JJ EL34s and JJ preamp tubes. They are admittedly a bit older, but they gotten much play over the last 4 years or so since I got the Axe FX II XL. I cant say that the tone match is absolutely perfect, but it really does capture the essence of the amp. The tone match is a bit boomy, but that really is how the amp sounds. Just cut that bass back a bit and add an overdrive i front of the amp, I feel like it was made for this setup in particular. I did the tone match with all the controls at 5 and the Uberschall amp sim controls at 5. If anyone has any tips on a more accurate tonematch, let me know!
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6580