• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Background check

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I'm not sure what song it was, but it was on either Waking the Fallen or Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and I didn't like it. A friend's son had recommended I look into the band. I went looking online and this song came up in RealPlayer (this was 2004, probably, and as shitty as RealPlayer was, it was about the only way to stream anything, and the quality was always terrible). It was like a 30 second clip and I thought Matt sounded whiny and Jimmy sounded like he was trying to play something just beyond his skill level. Remember, this was probably streaming at 26-32 kbps.

I wound up somehow hearing about the release of City of Evil and I think I might have just been feeling like giving them another chance and bought it without hearing anything, and it blew me away.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    The first Avenged song I heard wasn’t even the proper song! It was in the days right before guitar hero 3 was being released and one of my buddies at the time showed me guitar hero 2. I only ever owned a Nintendo at that point and never had any friends with an Xbox or PlayStation until him.
    He then started playing this song and what instantly stuck with me was the Chorus! I asked what song that was and he said “Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold”. I loved it and that part always stuck with me, but I never really started listening to them until after HTTK days when I got a bit older and learned to appreciate music

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    First song I ever heard was “Unholy Confessions” and immediately had to find the album ! I remember hearing it on someone’s MySpace profile of all places 😂😂😂

Side note: The first music video I ever saw was Beast and the Harlot and that was on FUSE ! (Does that even exist still ?)
    God I miss the days of turning on FUSE or MTV2 (2 had the better shit) in the mornings and watching videos while I got ready. *tear* ugh, the nostalgia !

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    My manager sometime back gave me COE, he said he was done listening, so Beast And The Harlot for me ( I think ).
    I bought WTF by accident kind of, that with another CD, I bought 2 while shopping. I remember my windows always down with the music full blast and I would be like wtf was that and I couldn't rewind it cause my stereo was broken
    I liked them more and more over time, it was too fast for me at first, I remember after like 20 minutes I had to take a break, was intense
    was like 2-3 years into playing guitar and trying to listen to them playing

Last edited:
    Reactions: Riff36 and Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    First song I ever heard was “Unholy Confessions” and immediately had to find the album ! I remember hearing it on someone’s MySpace profile of all places 😂😂😂

Side note: The first music video I ever saw was Beast and the Harlot and that was on FUSE ! (Does that even exist still ?)
    God I miss the days of turning on FUSE or MTV2 (2 had the better shit) in the mornings and watching videos while I got ready. *tear* ugh, the nostalgia !
    I remember when mtv premiered. And played music videos 24 hours a day. Sigh.

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection