• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Bad selector switch?

Fabian Lopez

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I recently bought a Syn Gates custom S and has been working fine up until a few days ago. The bridge pickup gets a really weak output, sometimes it can be shortly fixed by moving to the neck and back to the bridge but eventually it weakens out. I took it to GC and they told me it was the selector switch, although I’m not sure how much I trust the guy who told me that. Any possible fixes?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This is a very common issue with Schecters and while I would never recommend Guitar Center for diagnosis or repair (very spotty), you should have the switch replaced with aftermarket and they can probably do that repair just fine if there's no convenient local instrument shop nearby.

If you bought the guitar new, with a warranty, you can reach out to Schecter directly and they can guide you to a warranty repair.

Upvote 0