• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

BATMAN by Danny Elfman

Syn Gates

🦾
Staff member
Legend+
Sep 18, 2019
Huntington Beach
:syngates:Yo Family! This month’s #AOTM is a special one. I went with one of my favorite soundtracks by the master himself, Danny Elfman, in this dark epic, Batman.

This also happens to be one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, it’s an absolute masterpiece imho and the music serves a huge part. The themes for the characters are flawless and even tho he goes into some classic, quirky, Elfman awesomeness, I love that this collection of music is generally darker, more serious, and super fucking epic a la The Batman Theme.

If you’ve never seen this movie I would implore you to watch it first. It’s even got music from Prince in this bad boy, really GREAT Prince in fact:explode-skull:

I had the amazing honor of working with Danny on the soundtrack for Wanted. He was all business, a perfectionist, and a man of great mystique. He’s exactly how you’d imagine him if you only knew of his work for Batman(as opposed to his work for PeeWee Herman lol).

This AOTM might contain the most secrets to any A7X album than all the other previous AOTMs combined:rainbow-mushroom:

Lemme know what you guys think and again, please watch the movie first if you haven’t already. It’s the Tim Burton directed version with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Kim Basinger.
Truly a masterpiece:pink-heart:

All my love,

SYN
:syngates:

Apple Music
Spotify
YouTube

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    :syngates:Yo Family! This month’s #AOTM is a special one. I went with one of my favorite soundtracks by the master himself, Danny Elfman, in this dark epic, Batman.

This also happens to be one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, it’s an absolute masterpiece imho and the music serves a huge part. The themes for the characters are flawless and even tho he goes into some classic, quirky, Elfman awesomeness, I love that this collection of music is generally darker, more serious, and super fucking epic a la The Batman Theme.

If you’ve never seen this movie I would implore you to watch it first. It’s even got music from Prince in this bad boy, really GREAT Prince in fact:explode-skull:

I had the amazing honor of working with Danny on the soundtrack for Wanted. He was all business, a perfectionist, and a man of great mystique. He’s exactly how you’d imagine him if you only knew of his work for Batman(as opposed to his work for PeeWee Herman lol).

This AOTM might contain the most secrets to any A7X album than all the other previous AOTMs combined:rainbow-mushroom:

Lemme know what you guys think and again, please watch the movie first if you haven’t already. It’s the Tim Burton directed version with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Kim Basinger.

All my love,

SYN

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube
    Oh hell yeah that's really awesome!!! Freaking love Danny Elfman and those 2 burton Batman movies are giant CLASSICS. Heath Ledger as the joker was amazing but Jack's performance was just as legendary! I'll listen to the soundtrack again cause it's been awhile but im really stoked about this one!!

And to conclude, Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?:devilish:

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Ha, I actually prefer the score to Batman Returns, but this is obviously godly as well. Great pick!

Also, I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE Danny Elfman influences in A7X... When you mix that dark, gothic orchestration and arrangements with your sick riffing, it's one of the best things in music full stop. I hope we get to hear more of that on the new album. 🙌

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com

All my love,

SYN

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube
    Wow, Batman! excellent choice! 🤯 ❤️ who can't love Batman! :) I saw that movie a long time ago and I really loved it. I will see it again, I remember the song "Batdance" by Prince! omg I loved it so much!! thank you for bringing so many beautiful memories to my mind Syn!! obviously I'm going to listen with more attention to the soundtrack and I'll leave you my thoughts!! I love you genius❤️

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Love this one so much!! I saw the film only recently, the one thing that really stood out to me was the soundtrack (Fav Batman theme by far), and now just listening to it on its own and appreciating it properly... it's just incredible. (On a side note, going from the Batman theme to the Photos/Beautiful Dreamer track... damn!!) And I absolutely love how A7X has been influenced by Danny's work too - I can only really describe it as a haunting masterpiece and to hear some of that mixed in with A7X blows me away. Thank you so much for this one, Syn!! :rock-hand: :skull: :rock-hand:

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil

All my love,

SYN

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube
    Wow! As someone who is a REALLY great Batman fan (looking at my username, who would have imagined it? 😹) I have to say I'm very excited for this month's recomendation 🤩🖤 I'll hear it ASAP and come back with my thoughts 😻🦇

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Finally something I DO ALREADY KNOW 🤩🤩🤩 (this and The Beatles 😂).
    As a DC and Marvel fan, I definitely watched that movie several times and I love it so much 🔥 (fun fact: italian television airs it even more than once a year!!).
    The soundtrack is a total MASTERPIECE, I love the dark atmosphere of "The Batman Theme" so much, I think it suits the movie perfectly!
    "Photos/Beautiful Dreamer" and "Love Theme" give me a surreal sense of total calm.
    "The Joker's Poem" is unsettling and dark and epic, with that music box (carillon) kind of sound (which reminds me of the very beginning of Nightmare .. maybe??).
    "Descent Into Mistery" , "Attack of the Batwing", "Waltz to the Death" are amzing tracks too...I mean really, the whole soundrack is great!!!!!
    In conclusion, Danny Elfman is a genius (but we already knew that) and I love the movie, its cast and the way Tim Burton directed it 🤩 Everybody that hasn't seen it yet, GO!!!!

As always, thanks Syn for this epic recommendation:explode-skull:

Edit: forgot to mention how amazing and epic it is that you worked with him 💯💯💯

Happy Weekend! 💜💜

Last edited:

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I haven't heard this one in forever, so I'm gonna spin it (that's how the Olds say it!) today. HOWEVER, @Syn Gates could you tell a little bit more of what you did on the Wanted soundtrack? Always loved the movie and the soundtrack, and I never knew you were anywhere near it?

The Trash God

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Jan 2, 2021
    New Mexico
    www.instagram.com

All my love,

SYN

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube
    Hell to the yeah!! One of my favorite Batman movies and favorite movies in general! The soundtrack is absolutely amazing, and...it's Danny Elfman. Anything he touches sounds absolutely amazing! Definitely will be a nice listen to!

Ambar Alvarenga

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I love this movie!! It’s a masterpiece. A month ago I got the vinyl of this score and it sounds so beautiful. Nothing goes wrong with a Tim Burton movies or Danny Elfman’s music. He’s in fact my favorite composer. I
    remember watching a vid on youtube a long time, Matt said that you guys were inspired from Danny Elfmans work for City Of Evil!

Ambar Alvarenga

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I love this movie!! It’s a masterpiece. A month ago I got the vinyl of this score and it sounds so beautiful. Nothing goes wrong with a Tim Burton movies or Danny Elfman’s music. He’s in fact my favorite composer. I
    remember watching a vid on youtube a long time, Matt said that you guys were inspired from Danny Elfmans work for City Of Evil!

Augusto Abreu

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Brazil

All my love,

SYN

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube
    aah cool! every month im here to learn new music from your suggestions! this time i already knew, cuz im a huge elfman fan, BUT, i didnt know you worked with him, WHAT THE HELL? will check it out! btw feels good to see you talking about of my favorites! When comes o soundtracks, mr Elfman and mr John Williams are my favorites by far, both genius musicians! all the best man!

zmlj19

Jan 3, 2021

All my love,

SYN

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube
    I remember watching it at 5 years old. I remember thinking that batmobile was the coolest. Michael Keaton will never be that cool again..peak coolness. That Batman symbol was a brand for sure.

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    I haven't heard this one in forever, so I'm gonna spin it (that's how the Olds say it!) today. HOWEVER, @Syn Gates could you tell a little bit more of what you did on the Wanted soundtrack? Always loved the movie and the soundtrack, and I never knew you were anywhere near it?
    I wish I could say I did more but it was mainly feedbacky ambient stuff. I showed up with a guitar and basically shoved it into the studio speakers for a few hours to make some weird noises. I was never called back.

Salman AlKh

• Nov 19, 2019
    Bahrain
    ahhh, where do i need to start. Batman is my favourite vigilante of all time, no question about it. This movie was a fucking hit and i watched it around 10 times because it was so good. The acting of Michael Keaton and Jack Nickleson was phenomenal. Don’t get me wrong, The Dark Knight was great too but Tim Burton’s Batman is a classic! The intro was amazing too. Favourite AOTM yet!