• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

BATMAN by Danny Elfman

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    I love the movie, but I have to see it again without a doubt!
    Here are some of the songs that I like the most:

Batman Theme: Magnificent!! for me the BEST Batman theme! It's complete masterpiece ... Danny Elfman is fuckin legend! 🙌

First confrontation: It's Absolutely brilliant! Too much energy! Loved it

Clown Attack: This one always made you feel like there were villains around you, it give me chills!! 🤯

Batman to the Rescue: It's amazing what a powerful song can convey to you. The whole orchestra leaves me speechless. hands down! :love:

The Joker Poem: A fitting theme for the twisted and mysterious character "The Joker". It makes me feel very nostalgic.

Love theme: A very beautiful music. I love this score because it shows the good side of Batman, which is a kind human being and not just a dark man in a suit.

The Finale: So majestic !!! Real music from a real Batman movie! Yeah 😎 Batman standing on that building in the night LIKE A BOSS!! 👑🙌

Thank you @Syn Gates 🙌❤️

Synner Endless Summer Collection

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Obviously you can't trust me. Who here would even wanna do that? Im evil.

But even then, how was it even a secret?
    You know damn well I look younger than you and no one would ever think I'm 29 if I hadn't said so...
    Even though I'm technically older, I am not the one who's already suffering from baldness... and I am definitely not saying that my youth source comes from a spell I made to make your hair fall... the balder you are, the younger I look.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    You know damn well I look younger than you and no one would ever think I'm 29 if I hadn't said so...
    Even though I'm technically older, I am not the one who's already suffering from baldness... and I am definitely not saying that my youth source comes from a spell I made to make your hair fall... the balder you are, the younger I look.
    Ooof ! Shots fired ! It’s getting a little toasty in here ! 🤣
    Tbh I wouldn’t have known your age either. Aging like a glass of fine wine my dear. However,
    Bald is beautiful so this is a win win situation regarding your spell work.
    ….and yes…I’m Switzerland playing it in the middle haha. You two crack me up !

Anywho, back to our regularly scheduled programming… how about that AOTM ! 🙃

Aquamandy

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    Michael Keaton will never be that cool again..peak coolness. That Batman symbol was a brand for sure.
    In case you're interested: Michael Keaton's Batman is set to make an appearance on Andy Muschietti's new Flash movie: Flashpoint (Release date November 4th, 2022) 😄
    I know it won't have this great soundtrack at all 😆 and it may just be a fast appearance, probably a Batman for another reality/universe 🤔, but It will be cool to see him back into The Dark Knight's mantle 🤓

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    You are making a couple mistakes here. You assume that my baldness is something that annoys me but the truth is... I LOVE it!!! Are you kidding me? No bad hair day, a simple but effective look and you know what? Because of this I will maintain my look up until I die!! And don't even get me started about the beard... by all means, continue your spell. I dont care about the hair, I am perfect the way I am!

I win.
    Ooof ! Shots fired ! It’s getting a little toasty in here ! 🤣
    Tbh I wouldn’t have known your age either. Aging like a glass of fine wine my dear. However,
    Bald is beautiful so this is a win win situation regarding your spell work.
    ….and yes…I’m Switzerland playing it in the middle haha. You two crack me up !

Anywho, back to our regularly scheduled programming… how about that AOTM ! 🙃
    That switzerland line... from who did you take it i wonder? Stealing my goals :mad:

But indeed

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    You are making a couple mistakes here. You assume that my baldness is something that annoys me but the truth is... I LOVE it!!! Are you kidding me? No bad hair day, a simple but effective look and you know what? Because of this I will maintain my look up until I die!! And don't even get me started about the beard... by all means, continue your spell. I dont care about the hair, I am perfect the way I am!

I win.

That switzerland line... from who did you take it i wonder? Stealing my goals :mad:

But indeed
    I didn’t take shit from you sir…respect your elders or I’ll make you go out back and pick a switch damnit ! 🤣

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Great pick. One of my favorite definitions of "genius" is one's ability to change the course of things in their given field. Elfman changed movie scoring forever and created his own genre in the process. Nothing like Elfman existed before him and there are a ton of composers who borrowed from him afterwards - (including me).
    And this is one of his best. Dark and beautiful.
    I approve!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Sorry for getting out of the original subject, @Alicia Willis! You know I can't resist the urge to annoy Radu... 😅
    Anyways, I was reading a little and came across a recent article where Danny Elfman says he wasn't that happy about how they used his music in the movie:
    https://www.indiewire.com/2021/05/danny-elfman-batman-score-disappointed-tim-burton-1234634653/
    Very interesting...
    This article was super interesting and I can see what he means, however I’ll play devils advocate and say as a viewer in certain instances it worked well. For example I mentioned “ childhood remembered”…it does fade out and you can’t hear the orchestral work and goes almost totally silent for a bit, but in the aspect of that scene I think it works incredibly well. But, I can see how he would he irritated the entirety of that score wasn’t 100% heard.

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    This article was super interesting and I can see what he means, however I’ll play devils advocate and say as a viewer in certain instances it worked well. For example I mentioned “ childhood remembered”…it does fade out and you can’t hear the orchestral work and goes almost totally silent for a bit, but in the aspect of that scene I think it works incredibly well. But, I can see how he would he irritated the entirety of that score wasn’t 100% heard.
    Yeah, from the musician perspective one would agree with him; but, from the audience perspective, it's very good the way it is in the movie. It's part of movies dynamics; they can't just throw the song there, they have to adjust to the scene.