• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

BATMAN by Danny Elfman

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    HOLY SHITTTTTT, for the Wanted soundtrack, was one of the melodies the one you played during your solo in the Self-Titled era?

Around the 3:30 mark!

Ohhhh, I knew this by the name of "Unwind The Chainsaw" and didn't know about the Wanted soundtrack before Syn mentioned it, so now I definitely have to check it out and see if I can notice this!

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I came home was tired from playing with my ball. Took a shower put this on and fell asleep. I think I ended up hearing all the Batmans.
    Theres lot's of horn instruments. I really like it. They kind of sound like straight notes to me. Like a string vibrates and a horn doesn't.
    First thing I thought of reading this was the AOTM, I thought of the Joker falling with that laughing box in his pocket and the art gallery scene. I haven't seen this or the other AOTM in a really long time. It must be really difficult coming up with this kind of music, I wouldn't know where to start. I listed to the Beetlejuice one a bit ago, I like that soundtrack slightly more. Heard this reoccurring theme that sounds manic like Beetlejuice is prancing around. Makes me want to watch these again, I don't really watch anything anymore. I'd like to see that Wanted movie I read what it was about, seems really cool. Some tracks I liked more than others on both. Maybe you like Drop Dead Fredd too? My guitar playing got a lot better since joining, feels weird, I branched out. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: redlipsofdeceit
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
    Mar 14, 2021
    Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    :syngates:Yo Family! This month’s #AOTM is a special one. I went with one of my favorite soundtracks by the master himself, Danny Elfman, in this dark epic, Batman.

This also happens to be one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, it’s an absolute masterpiece imho and the music serves a huge part. The themes for the characters are flawless and even tho he goes into some classic, quirky, Elfman awesomeness, I love that this collection of music is generally darker, more serious, and super fucking epic a la The Batman Theme.

If you’ve never seen this movie I would implore you to watch it first. It’s even got music from Prince in this bad boy, really GREAT Prince in fact:explode-skull:

I had the amazing honor of working with Danny on the soundtrack for Wanted. He was all business, a perfectionist, and a man of great mystique. He’s exactly how you’d imagine him if you only knew of his work for Batman(as opposed to his work for PeeWee Herman lol).

This AOTM might contain the most secrets to any A7X album than all the other previous AOTMs combined:rainbow-mushroom:

Lemme know what you guys think and again, please watch the movie first if you haven’t already. It’s the Tim Burton directed version with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Kim Basinger.
    Truly a masterpiece:pink-heart:

All my love,

SYN
    :syngates:

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube
    Wow! You surprised all of us with 3 AOTM this time!:explode-skull: Actually when i read that they were soundtracks, it really caught my attention. I LOVE soundtracks, they´re my favorite thing ever in this world. Anyways, with this first AOTM I´ve to say that i remember watching like the newest versions of batman my entire childhood but never saw this one, sooo I just had the time to sit down and watch it and I loved it! I loved the joker hahaha🤪. The soundtrack is a masterpiece, I liked it very much but if I had to only choose three songs they would be: (I´ll skip the batman theme becase we all know its fucking FANTASTIC)

-Kitchen, Surgery, Face Off: I like how it starts, slowly not like the other songs who has a lot of action vibes but then at nearly the end this amazing waltz thing just blows your mind because you don´t expect it hehe:explode-skull:

-Photos / Beautiful Dreamer: I loved very much the piano at the start, you can feel the nostalgia there. I think this song was my favorite one.:pink-heart:

- Love Theme: This one is a very beautiful, relaxing song , idk, made me feel a lot of shit when i listened to it. 😝

Thank you Syn for this, I never sit down and watch movies, it´s so strange if i do that hehe but i discovered this thanks to you and now I´m amazed :blue-heart:

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Wow! You surprised all of us with 3 AOTM this time!:explode-skull: Actually when i read that they were soundtracks, it really caught my attention. I LOVE soundtracks, they´re my favorite thing ever in this world. Anyways, with this first AOTM I´ve to say that i remember watching like the newest versions of batman my entire childhood but never saw this one, sooo I just had the time to sit down and watch it and I loved it! I loved the joker hahaha🤪. The soundtrack is a masterpiece, I liked it very much but if I had to only choose three songs they would be: (I´ll skip the batman theme becase we all know its fucking FANTASTIC)

-Kitchen, Surgery, Face Off: I like how it starts, slowly not like the other songs who has a lot of action vibes but then at nearly the end this amazing waltz thing just blows your mind because you don´t expect it hehe:explode-skull:

-Photos / Beautiful Dreamer: I loved very much the piano at the start, you can feel the nostalgia there. I think this song was my favorite one.:pink-heart:

- Love Theme: This one is a very beautiful, relaxing song , idk, made me feel a lot of shit when i listened to it. 😝

Thank you Syn for this, I never sit down and watch movies, it´s so strange if i do that hehe but i discovered this thanks to you and now I´m amazed :blue-heart:
    Sys, you talked about how you liked the Joker, and I know you do amazing artistic makeup, so maybe this could be an inspiration to a new makeup for you? I'd love to see that! 🤩

• Love
    Reactions: Anna.VG

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
    Mar 14, 2021
    Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    Sys, you talked about how you liked the Joker, and I know you do amazing artistic makeup, so maybe this could be an inspiration to a new makeup for you? I'd love to see that! 🤩
    Thank you for that! ♥️I’ll definitely do a makeup inspired on this joker but just wait a few weeks! In 17 days I’ll have this class of special effects and (I hope) I’ll learn how to use wax, because I noticed that the joker’s mu, for the smile, they used that! Stay tuned 😝🤪

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    So I finally took the time to made my review for my favorite AOTM so far! I knew it would thake me some time to write this one, since it's very special to me and I have so many things to write, so I didn't want to rush things up and end up forgetting anything because of my fangirling mental state (though I'll probably will forget some things today anyway 😹)

Usually I only highlight the songs that caught my attention the most, but this time I just can't leave any of them without comments! So, let's start:

The Batman Theme and Batman Theme Reprise are extremely heroic, mysterious and purely EPIC. They translate so perfectly the greatness of a character who's one of Justice League's greatest heroes!

Roof Fight, First Confrontation, Batman to The Rescue, Charge of the Batmobile, Attack of the Batwing and The Final Confrontation are all tracks full of action, dynamism and tension, they remind me of fighting scenes and/or chasing scenes and I can really imagine Batman defeating his enemies with all the details just by listening to any of these tracks!

Kitchen/Surgery/Face-Off, Roasted Dude, Descent Into Mystery, The Bat Cave and Up The Catedral gave me those thriller vibes, where you pay extremely attention to the scene because you're so entangled to the sequence that you really urge to know what's happening next!

Flowers, Photos/Beautiful Dreamer, Childhood Remembered and Love Theme are the calm before the storm on this album. These are the tracks where you just close your eyes to appreciate all the peace you can get before the action starts all over again. Some of them are really melancholic too, and these are tracks that, to me, are talking more about Bruce Wayne than Batman. I heard it before that to make sure you're writing a great Batman, you need to know first if you are able to fully comprehend Bruce Wayne's mind. Danny Elfman definitely could do it and caught all the depth of the person behind the mask!

Clown Attack, The Joker's Poem and Waltz to the Death feel so insane, psychotic and mortal, yet so funny at some moments. And this is why they perfectly resume all the craziness and complexity of The Joker!

Finale brings an epic conclusion to a journey full of battles (pun intended)! It balances perfectly all the darkness and all the heroism that goes along with Batman, and it also leaves the sensation that Gotham City won't have peace for so long, but our hero will soon be prepared to do what he does best: protect his city at all costs!

Normally, this would be the time when I choose my Top 3 favorite tracks from the album, explaining why I liked each one of them, but this month I just can't pick!

Overall, Batman by Danny Elfman is an absolutely brilliant soundtrack and it translates perfectly the essence of a great character like Batman. Fun fact: it translates Batman so perfect, that this soundtrack hasn't stayed restrict only to the movie it was originally composed. It was used on other Batman projects afterwards: the game Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (gotta give my sys @Aquamandy credit because she noticed it first) used some tracks from Danny Elfman and when I was listening to the album, I instantly recognized the tracks that were in the game, and this brought me so many good memories, because it's my favorite game from the Lego Batman franchise 🖤

In resume, it's an AMAZING soundtrack, from an AMAZING movie about an AMAZING character!
    It brings Batman justice and it's a huge piece in the history of a character who has more than 80 years of history! 🦇

Thank you SO much for this recommendation, it was a very special one to me for sure 🖤

Last edited:

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Danny Elfman also did an awesome theme to the follow up to the Burton Batman films, called, Batman: The Animated Series. A very talented guy. The music, generally, for that series is really cool, with each character getting a specific, brillaint piece of music.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    :syngates:Yo Family! This month’s #AOTM is a special one. I went with one of my favorite soundtracks by the master himself, Danny Elfman, in this dark epic, Batman.

This also happens to be one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, it’s an absolute masterpiece imho and the music serves a huge part. The themes for the characters are flawless and even tho he goes into some classic, quirky, Elfman awesomeness, I love that this collection of music is generally darker, more serious, and super fucking epic a la The Batman Theme.

If you’ve never seen this movie I would implore you to watch it first. It’s even got music from Prince in this bad boy, really GREAT Prince in fact:explode-skull:

I had the amazing honor of working with Danny on the soundtrack for Wanted. He was all business, a perfectionist, and a man of great mystique. He’s exactly how you’d imagine him if you only knew of his work for Batman(as opposed to his work for PeeWee Herman lol).

This AOTM might contain the most secrets to any A7X album than all the other previous AOTMs combined:rainbow-mushroom:

Lemme know what you guys think and again, please watch the movie first if you haven’t already. It’s the Tim Burton directed version with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Kim Basinger.
    Truly a masterpiece:pink-heart:

All my love,

SYN
    :syngates:

Apple Music
    Spotify
    YouTube

Finally something I DO ALREADY KNOW 🤩🤩🤩 (this and The Beatles 😂).
    As a DC and Marvel fan, I definitely watched that movie several times and I love it so much 🔥 (fun fact: italian television airs it even more than once a year!!).
    The soundtrack is a total MASTERPIECE, I love the dark atmosphere of "The Batman Theme" so much, I think it suits the movie perfectly!
    "Photos/Beautiful Dreamer" and "Love Theme" give me a surreal sense of total calm.
    "The Joker's Poem" is unsettling and dark and epic, with that music box (carillon) kind of sound (which reminds me of the very beginning of Nightmare .. maybe??).
    "Descent Into Mistery" , "Attack of the Batwing", "Waltz to the Death" are amzing tracks too...I mean really, the whole soundrack is great!!!!!
    In conclusion, Danny Elfman is a genius (but we already knew that) and I love the movie, its cast and the way Tim Burton directed it 🤩 Everybody that hasn't seen it yet, GO!!!!

As always, thanks Syn for this epic recommendation:explode-skull:

Edit: forgot to mention how amazing and epic it is that you worked with him 💯💯💯

Happy Weekend! 💜💜
    Tim Burton was the perfect choice to direct a gothic Batman film/films.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ari.mac

TreSavedge

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 25, 2019
    St Louis, MO
    I know this is an old thread but it's wild how connected everyone is musically because anytime I ponder something there's a chance it's already been talked about on here in a related topic.

Just wanted to add it's so dope that the Danny Elfman Batman theme was the song Tonya Harding chose to land her historic triple axl to. She was the first western woman to ever attempt, let alone land, a triple axl in competition. She always wanted to skate and dance against the grain and ran programs that she liked rather than what was trendy at the time. I'm sure all her coaches probably were like "why the fuck you skating to batman?" But she landed the triple axl and 30 years later the same lady who plays Harley Quinn portrayed her in a movie which is also wild. Spooky ain't it