• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

BEETLEJUICE, by Danny Elfman

Aquamandy

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    Finally had time to post my impressions of Beetlejuice by Danny Elfman as I had busy weeks since Syn posted it 😫

Well, I listened to it on a monday while working, and WOW, what a way to pump your week! 🤩 Time flew by as this soundtrack is exciting and so pleasant to hear, the instruments are well combined and forms elements and environments that makes the listener dive into this spooky world and have some fun. Here are my thoughts about the main songs that caught my attention:

Main Titles: The fancy intro on piano was 🔥🔥🔥 ! And then the instruments are added one by one till they form this freaky and exciting theme 🤩 That's a great way to start a soundtrack, cause it slowly welcomes the listener to Beetlejuice's world 🤓

Travel Music: Well, Travel Music in my opinion continues the work of Main Titles as a delightful song that invites the listener to Beetlejuice's Soundtrack, as the magic begins. ✨

The Book!/Obituaries and Enter The Family/Sand Worm Planet: Is the revealing point 🤯 After a warm and lively start, it changes the tone completely to a more spooky and grand vibe. The epic choir helps building that tone in a fantastic way 😮

The Fly: I usually don't compare AOTM's songs to A7X's songs cause I don't think that's the focus BUT when listening to The Fly the first thing that came into my mind were A Little Piece of Heaven, specially that part "We're coming back (coming back), we'll live forever (live forever)". Jimmy's favorite Elfman's soundtrack influenced a lot in one of his best creations and now knowing that is just wow 😮

Lydia Discovers: The instruments here are perfectly arranged as they create a mysterious and thrilling environment about to be uncovered 🧐

Banana Boat Song (Day O): First time I heard it was Victor Garber singing this acapella in DC's Legends of Tomorrow 😆 I love the vibe of this song and its message, Harry Belafonte has a great voice too 👏

Beetle-Snake: Found it BRILLIANT that Elfman's reproduced the sound of a snake's pounce (with a castanet I think?) into this song, really brings the snake element to the track 🐍

The Incantation: Sounded like a dance into the magic world, with casting spells and conjuring souls, loved the choir in this one too 🗣🎶

The Wedding: I love how Danny Elfman created a bridal march but in Beetlejuice's style. It's has an epic, creepy and rushy background but also reminds a classical wedding, so combining these both worlds into one song is absolutely amazing and perfectly made. Also, love how Laughs ends with the classical bridal march as a connection to The Wedding, well thought! 😌

And finally, it's Showtime!: This one and End Credits are totally linked to the main theme and they form a perfect cicle: The introduction, the comeback and the farewell. Also, Beetlejuice's Theme is so good to be played just once so having other tracks reminding it but also having it's own elements according to their own moment is pleasing and very very well done 🤓

Another brilliant work by Danny Elfman! Still amazed by the fact that he can combine instruments and make it more than a simple music, but also make the listener dive into worlds and specific emotions. It requires such a sensibility and the results are art in it's golden form 👏🌟

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    :syngates: Yo Family! I couldn’t cheat the public of my favorite Elfman score in existence. Beetlejuice epitomizes what Danny Elfman means to me. This was Jimmy’s favorite Elfman work as well.

The main theme is brilliant and still gives me goosebumps EVERY single time I hear it. This is quite possibly the launch pad that brought about Pinkly Smooth. We were both huge fans before we met each other and this really cemented our musical relationship.

I’m gonna leave the rest to the comments as I am nursing a delicious hangover and my kids could care less.

All my love,
    SYN
    :syngates:

YouTube
    I love Danny Elfman but have you ever listened to Yuka Kitamura? Fantastic composer with a very dark and gothic style. Some of my pieces can be found in the Dark Souls 3 video game.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Syn Gates
    Synner Endless Summer Collection