• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Beginner song requests for a future endeavor

J

Jak Angelescu

Hello their students! As I’m speaking into my phone it for some reason said “Syn X” instead of students. Which I think is fucking cool as shit sounding but that’s not what I’m talking about here.
What I am talking about is that already Holly and I are working up some songs for Christmas and hopefully for me to finally do a Valentine’s Day gig that I had been wanting to try to do for the last 10 years. In the process of us doing this, I realized that a majority of the most platinum selling songs have the simplest chords that any beginner can do within about a month of playing the guitar. I think it’s crucial to learn these kinds of songs that you can play on an acoustic and sing around in front of people because you get a good sense of rhythm and develop a good sense of musicality right from the get go.
So I’m taking requests for a very large future endeavor that I hope will be a big part of the school and I’m looking for beginners to drop some suggestions down below for any song of any genre that you like. Please don’t make it an advanced level song because the point of this is to try to get people to learn easy songs as well and advance eventually. Think of some songs you would like to learn. Songs from the genres of rock and roll, pop and punk are very good places to start and especially country. Basic blues as well but sometimes they get into those goofy chords.
I really would like every beginner that reads this to actually drop A-line down below. This is something that’s going to be done. I will be teaching these songs and breaking them down and also Discussing chord change and rhythm work. Much love!
~Sensei NinjaCat

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Hehe, I’ll try to add my 2 cents. I definitely agree and think this will help somebody out. Here are a few songs:
    Ah Leah – Donnie Iris (I personally learned this for my dad and it’s basically nothing but chords besides the lead’s small solo but even the solo sounds much easier than most)
    Sugar We’re Going Down – Fall Out Boy (I played a relatively simplified rhythm track for this one at one of my band’s shows and I think it’s pretty easy to get down, the lead doesn’t seem too difficult either)
    Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – Elvis (I’m currently trying to learn on acoustic for my grandmother and uses chords, not too difficult just have to learn arpeggios and maybe a few new chords)
    So Far Away – A7X (I think this is one of their easier songs to start out with and helps majorly with rhythm for Zacky’s part anyway)
    Seven Nation Army – White Stripes (Also relatively easy to learn and pick up on after practicing)
    Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana (Trying to learn this one because its relatively easy besides the rhythm being a bit tricky if you aren’t used to it)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Let me thing for a second:
    John Mayer-Half Of My Heart
    The Beatles – Help
    3 Doors down – Kryptonite(there’s a G6 in there but should be ok)
    Ccr-Fortunate son
    Bruce Springsteen – The River
    I’m not really good at judging at what difficulty a song belongs too so I kinda went on a hunch tbh.

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey Jak!!
    I don’t know, but I have been listening to John Mayer’s “New Light” nonstop since it came out haha.
    It is a pretty simple song, but just got certified platinum ( I think ).
    Even the solo it is simple.
    Also, a lot of songs from Green Day, as @Sayonil said.
    They are simple, but huge songs.
    It is not how complex the song is, but how much feelings you get from hearing it!!
    Great idea again !!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I think New light has a lot of sneaky timing bits in there. Especially in the second verse and the solo is mostly melody and feel so not sure whether I would qualify that one as a beginner song but then again I have no idea when a song qualifies as a beginner song 😅

J

Jak Angelescu

Thank you guys so much for all of your feedback! Let’s keep it coming because I’m making a list of all of this! Don’t feel afraid to think outside the Box or the genres of rock or metal as well