• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Beginner songs?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I started to do tutorials for sections I like in the songs that win the harmony lesson poll, so besides a video on me analyzing the harmony I also make a tutorial on how to play sort of the song. However, I feel like it is particularly tailored to beginners.

Since I realized that I'm absolutely I. Judging the skill level required to play the song, I'm one of those shitty people who goes 'ooh that's easy or not that hard anyone can do that' and I realize that isn't necessarily the case for everyone 😅, I would like to ask beginners to recommend some songs I could include in the poll so those lessons are useful for them too.

Please bare in mind that for the song to actually appear in the poll I kinda have to actually like the song 😅

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Smoke in the Water is actually a lot harder to play right than most people give it credits for 😅
Oh yeah i agree 😂 i just had to make the joke

Edit: theres an amazing version of smoke on the water out there with David gilmour, brian may, tony iommi, bruce dickinson, roger taylor, and so many more all stars of rock and roll. Find it on youtube!

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
I looked at the songs that we used to play with our guitar teacher and I picked some that are pretty easy and that you will probably like.

RHCP:
- I Could Die For You
- Otherside
- Tell Me Baby
- By the Way
- Tear
- Dosed

Queen - I Want to Break Free

Beatles - Yesterday

John Lennon - Stand By Me

Ed Sheeran - I See Fire (actually every Ed Sheran song ever is pretty easy)

Nirvana - Come As You Are

Alice in Chains - Nutshell

Rolling Stones - Satisfaction

Green Day :
- American Idiot
- 21 Guns

Blink 182 - All the Small Things

Maroon 5 - Maps

Imagine Dragons - Demons

No Doubt - Don't Speak

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I looked at the songs that we used to play with our guitar teacher and I picked some that are pretty easy and that you will probably like.

RHCP:
- I Could Die For You
- Otherside
- Tell Me Baby
- By the Way
- Tear
- Dosed

Queen - I Want to Break Free

Beatles - Yesterday

John Lennon - Stand By Me

Ed Sheeran - I See Fire (actually every Ed Sheran song ever is pretty easy)

Nirvana - Come As You Are

Alice in Chains - Nutshell

Rolling Stones - Satisfaction

Green Day :
- American Idiot
- 21 Guns

Blink 182 - All the Small Things

Maroon 5 - Maps

Imagine Dragons - Demons

No Doubt - Don't Speak
Thank you Filip!

Reactions: Filip Tomiša