• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Bias FX2 Syn Tone Question

victorg95

Campfire Attention Holder
Jan 31, 2021
Hey guys, so I’ve been recording and posting covers of A7X songs but I’ve noticed that I can’t seem to perfect the EQ correctly. It sounds like there’s too much low or mids which doesn’t make the sound rich and clean, it always has like a flat tone or sounds off tune if anything. Can anyone recommend EQ settings to help with a richer cleaner tone? It’s a general question but I wanna see what people are using for clean EQs

DjangoX

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend+
Mar 30, 2020
United Kingdom
There's a lot to mess about with on EQ on bias FX. I always play around with the EQ on the rack mount (pictured). You can adjust those high and lows to your liking so your lead playing cuts through the mix but not too much when you don't want it too.
Also differs in sound if you record listening through headphones. The Lowcut settings (right hand side, bottom left knob) definitely need adjusting when playing through a speaker or recording when compared to headphones or a FRFR speaker.
Also depends on the guitar pickups too. Some high output pickups don't get on too well with plugins like this. Quality of your audio interface also comes into play, electrical outlets nearby etc.
There's lots to consider when recording. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this for you too if I've covered stuff you already know.

Those two knobs on the right make a massive difference to your sound in terms of sounding muddy or losing the mids in the mix.

Attachments

• BIAS-FX-2-Rack-Mount-EQ.jpeg
    BIAS-FX-2-Rack-Mount-EQ.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Rad Synner