• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Bitclout confusing

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
It's a little bit random and I'm dissappointed because apparently I can't even upload my metal minutes there but basically I decided to make an account on bitcloud because i got a little curious and it's confusing the crap out of me. Because I'm assuming some of the people here went on it I figured I'd ask and I'm willing to pay in music theory too 😅

So what I got so far is that to buy for example Syn's coin I need to pay in bitclout, to get bitcloud I need to buy bitclout using bitcoin and to buy bitcoin i can use my regular money. This means I already need 3 steps to buy a coin. Could somebody explain to me how these steps work in detail because I'm hella confused right now? Secondly, it's completely unclear how I could potentially make any usable money from this so if anybody could explain that bit that would be great too.
Lastly, Due to me not understanding it at all I wanted to delete my account but I can't find any place that allows me to do so, If I press settings I just get one bar which allows me to change my email and when I press help it just opens up a window with my email program instead of actually helping so if anyone has a clue how that works that would be great too.

Thank you in advance for clearing some stuff up and since this is still a guitar site here's a picture of a racoon with a guitar

download (9).jpeg

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    It's a little bit random and I'm dissappointed because apparently I can't even upload my metal minutes there but basically I decided to make an account on bitcloud because i got a little curious and it's confusing the crap out of me. Because I'm assuming some of the people here went on it I figured I'd ask and I'm willing to pay in music theory too 😅

So what I got so far is that to buy for example Syn's coin I need to pay in bitclout, to get bitcloud I need to buy bitclout using bitcoin and to buy bitcoin i can use my regular money. This means I already need 3 steps to buy a coin. Could somebody explain to me how these steps work in detail because I'm hella confused right now? Secondly, it's completely unclear how I could potentially make any usable money from this so if anybody could explain that bit that would be great too.
    Lastly, Due to me not understanding it at all I wanted to delete my account but I can't find any place that allows me to do so, If I press settings I just get one bar which allows me to change my email and when I press help it just opens up a window with my email program instead of actually helping so if anyone has a clue how that works that would be great too.

Thank you in advance for clearing some stuff up and since this is still a guitar site here's a picture of a racoon with a guitar

View attachment 1448
    Before you jump into anything Crypto, take the time to learn what crypto is, what it does and what is the eco system around it.

I refuse to directly just tell you because anything revolving investment and money is a complicated matter that cannot be explained in a simple forum post and requires time. Crypto is a complex world where it's easy to get fooled into different types of scams. (ex: bitconnect a few years ago)

One of the first things I learned about Crypto is that every crypto currencies you see are all different ''projects'' with different purposes and to do the best investment, time must be put into understanding what is the crypto's goal and objective, who's running it and having at least a basic understanding of what it is.

In other words, don't blindly throw your money into something you do not understand. These things take time and for the best results to make profit, you have to be patient. That is my 2 cents on this.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Before you jump into anything Crypto, take the time to learn what crypto is, what it does and what is the eco system around it.

I refuse to directly just tell you because anything revolving investment and money is a complicated matter that cannot be explained in a simple forum post and requires time. Crypto is a complex world where it's easy to get fooled into different types of scams. (ex: bitconnect a few years ago)

One of the first things I learned about Crypto is that every crypto currencies you see are all different ''projects'' with different purposes and to do the best investment, time must be put into understanding what is the crypto's goal and objective, who's running it and having at least a basic understanding of what it is.

In other words, don't blindly throw your money into something you do not understand. These things take time and for the best results to make profit, you have to be patient. That is my 2 cents on this.
    I'm not necessarily looking to make money from it right now but I just looked at it and thought by myself 'how do I extract usable money from this' that's not clear at all 😅

J

Jak Angelescu

To be honest my friend, he texted me the other night and told me about it as well. I read the article of the link he sent me and Holly is even more adapted with stuff like this and she understood it for the most part. And you are right, you are not going to make any money off of it. And I know intentionally that's not your purpose. But Radu is right above that there's a whole lot of research that goes into this stuff. I even I told Syn that I am sorely lost and utterly confused about this. Hopefully maybe he can truly introduce us to this concept because I know it is something that he is definitely full on board with doing.

J

Jak Angelescu

Holly is a part of this huge enormous Geo political chat with a bunch of nerds that know all about it. I passed along these questions to her and she's asking her little buddies right now :) hopefully maybe they can come up with the answers!

First you have to create a bitcoin wallet, then you have to decide what kind of coin you're going to purchase. I'm assuming bitclout will accept bitcoin. But research it first, as there's more than one type of cryptocurrency. You pretty much described it perfectly. But we're gonna have the nerds give the detailed answer you want. 🙂

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Holly is a part of this huge enormous Geo political chat with a bunch of nerds that know all about it. I passed along these questions to her and she's asking her little buddies right now :) hopefully maybe they can come up with the answers!

First you have to create a bitcoin wallet, then you have to decide what kind of coin you're going to purchase. I'm assuming bitclout will accept bitcoin. But research it first, as there's more than one type of cryptocurrency. You pretty much described it perfectly. But we're gonna have the nerds give the detailed answer you want. 🙂
    All hail Holly and her "little friends" lol (you totally sounded like a mom saying that Jak.

I've been reading up on it since its pretty hot right now, and I'm honestly confused as fuck and the information I've managed to find is either incredibly vague or convoluted.

Reactions: idssdi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection