• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Black Moon Guitar Tuning

Johnny Pittman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
California / New York
I haven’t been able to play guitar as much anymore, but I always try my best to make time to and keep them healthy - I have hade trouble tuning my black moon guitar for a few months and thought it was just a little problem. Now I’m getting kind of confused. If any one of you have the same trouble, please help me

Johnny Pittman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
California / New York
Can you describe the Problem a little more? Lately there were a Lot of Posts about issues with a Floyd Rose so If that's the Problem you should get Help pretty quick :)
Hi there Dominik! Yeah, the
Can you describe the Problem a little more? Lately there were a Lot of Posts about issues with a Floyd Rose so If that's the Problem you should get Help pretty quick :)
Hi there Dominik! Yeah, I keep rotating the tuning keys and it’s not affecting the sound of the guitar. It’s not working on the any of the strings. I’m not sure if it is the string type or somethings probably wrong. I’m just worried because there is only 50 of these darn things in the world, and I wanted to see if any fellow synners can help me with the problem.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hi there Dominik! Yeah, the

Hi there Dominik! Yeah, I keep rotating the tuning keys and it’s not affecting the sound of the guitar. It’s not working on the any of the strings. I’m not sure if it is the string type or somethings probably wrong. I’m just worried because there is only 50 of these darn things in the world, and I wanted to see if any fellow synners can help me with the problem.
    But you mean the ones at the bottom of the tremolo, right? The Moon has a Floyd Rose with a locking nut, meaning the tuners on the headstock are useless once set up.

Maybe this helps you. Our dear Jak had problems with hers too a while ago, but together we could fix it pretty quickly :)

Johnny Pittman

One Stringer
    Nov 11, 2019
    California / New York
    But you mean the ones at the bottom of the tremolo, right? The Moon has a Floyd Rose with a locking nut, meaning the tuners on the headstock are useless once set up.

Maybe this helps you. Our dear Jak had problems with hers too a while ago, but together we could fix it pretty quickly :)

Ok, thanks man. So you are saying that the tuners really don’t serve a purpose? They just stay in tuning all the time?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ethan Keeling

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Aylesbury, England
    Ok, thanks man. So you are saying that the tuners really don’t serve a purpose? They just stay in tuning all the time?
    On a floyd rose there is a locking nut instead of a regular nut. This locking nut is tightened up AFTER tuning so that it stays in tune better when you divebomb, therefore the tuners have no purpose when the locking nut is tight. On the floyd rose there are some little round things that turn clockwise and vise versa to micro tune it. I recommend watching a video as this is confusing at first. good luck!

Johnny Pittman

One Stringer
    Nov 11, 2019
    California / New York
    On a floyd rose there is a locking nut instead of a regular nut. This locking nut is tightened up AFTER tuning so that it stays in tune better when you divebomb, therefore the tuners have no purpose when the locking nut is tight. On the floyd rose there are some little round things that turn clockwise and vise versa to micro tune it. I recommend watching a video as this is confusing at first. good luck!
    Ok, now I understand. Thank you! 🤘🤘🤘

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    I had no issues with my Black Moon.😅
    Don't forget the locks are there!if yo wish to fully retune the guitar, you should use the tool that came with the guitar to unlock it first! 🙏🤘
    To just fix the tune (1/4, 1/2 step max) you should use the small round keys near the bridge

This.

It sounds like you are trying to tune without loosening the string locks at the nut.

Loosen the 3 string locks wirh a hex key, tune, lock again then do any fine tuning down at the bridge itself.

I had no issues with my Black Moon.😅
    Don't forget the locks are there!if yo wish to fully retune the guitar, you should use the tool that came with the guitar to unlock it first! 🙏🤘
    To just fix the tune (1/4, 1/2 step max) you should use the small round keys near the bridge
    Thanks, Kfir! (Love your yt channel btw)

Reactions: Kfir Yaakovi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Thank you!
    I didn't have the time lately to create videos because of personal issues, but now I have a lot of free time and with my new Axe FX III I hope I can record better and make new videos :)
    I’m sorry to hear about the personal issues. I can’t wait to see you back in action! Good luck!

Reactions: Kfir Yaakovi