• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Blocking a floyd rose

Morgan Curtis

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi i have an floyd rose and I want to play rocksmith should i block it with a piece of wood or get a fu-tone piston and if i block it with the wood or get a fu-tone piston can I use my evh d tuna I want to block it because of the tuning

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I have seen and dabbled with Rocksmith (my son has it) and I don't understand how or why you would need to block the Floyd for the game. If you just want to block it (and yes, your d-tuna would still work), it can be done with either of the methods you mentioned, but I see no reason to block the trem for Rocksmith.

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I've had one of my Floyd rose equipped guitars blocked for about a year now. I blocked it using a block of wood and if I remember right, $1.33 in quarters, a nickel, and some pennies. The way to tune it with it now blocked is to unlock the locking nut enough for the string to be able to change pitch. I've got it loose enough to tune and just tight enough for the locking nut screws to stay where they are at. I've tuned that guitar down to Drop C# a few times. A few months ago I ended up buying a DigiTech drop pedal so now I only tune the low e string to D for drop tuned stuff. Then let the pedal do its thing.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I haven't locked mine down secure. Just enough to have the screws hold to the frame where the nut locks in. They're loose enough that I can tighten/loosen them with my fingers with little effort. That way I don't have to take them off and store them in a safe place for me to remember because I for damn sure will more than likely forget haha.

Synner Endless Summer Collection