• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Blocking a Floyd Rose

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    2 of my guitars have a Floyd Rose blocked. Basically what I did is stick a well cut block of wood in the cavity between the Floyd and the middle body. It has worked really well for me, no complaint here! Only thing to keep in mind is that the size needs to be adjusted so that the floyd is as parallel to the body as possible just like if it would have been well adjusted!

If not, there's always the tremol-no which I haven't tried but looking at it, I think it can do the job just fine!

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I have, currently my Schecter E-1 FR S is blocked with a small piece of wood that's cut down to fit, and I think $1.25 in quarters wrapped in just enough electrical tape to fit in the front of the block to prevent it from raising. It's worked well for a while now. I set it up for E standard and it didn't have any issues going to Drop C, I didn't go into Drop B much at the time because the string tension was a little less than what I liked. But I'm sure it'd work too.

Seen plenty of people rave about the tremol-no like Radu said, I was looking at it for a while but decided not to as the wood block/coins worked well haha.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I have, currently my Schecter E-1 FR S is blocked with a small piece of wood that's cut down to fit, and I think $1.25 in quarters wrapped in just enough electrical tape to fit in the front of the block to prevent it from raising. It's worked well for a while now. I set it up for E standard and it didn't have any issues going to Drop C, I didn't go into Drop B much at the time because the string tension was a little less than what I liked. But I'm sure it'd work too.

Seen plenty of people rave about the tremol-no like Radu said, I was looking at it for a while but decided not to as the wood block/coins worked well haha.
    Yo same with the E-1 FR S. Excellent guitar.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    I got one of these Shred Neck! Usually use it for changing strings. 20$ CAD on Amazon! And it’s got a felt back so it doesn’t damage the finish
    C6C47BAD-86DF-487A-A58B-8B0C939FC76F.jpeg

Jason Dunbar

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 18, 2021
    Seattle
    I’ve used a Tremol no on my music mans. Simple to install and completely reversible. You can even unlock it and play it as a trem. Well worth the money
    For the tremol-no, are you able to keep it unlocked, but then just lock if you want to change tuning? Would be awesome to keep it set up as floating but have the flexibility to cover other tunings as needed.

Nick Abbott

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    For the tremol-no, are you able to keep it unlocked, but then just lock if you want to change tuning? Would be awesome to keep it set up as floating but have the flexibility to cover other tunings as needed.
    Yes to an extent. If you kept it locked while in an alternate tuning it would be just fine. If you unlocked it while in an alt tuning you would have to balance. So yes I if you keep it locked while in an alternate you could use it that way.

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection