• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Bonjour from Quebec, Canada

Brian Thibodeau

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone!
I signed up for the lessons a while back but just came around to start looking through the forum. I must say, you all seem to be a very friendly and helpful community, I’m looking forward to more reading and posting! I thought I’d make a small intro post to begin! 🙂
So as the title says, I’m from a small town in Quebec, Canada. I’ve been playing guitar for about 15 years. I’ve played blues and classic rock for about 10 of those years. I was content with my playing level and all was good. Then, 5 years ago, my wife introduced me to some music from A7X. Mind = blown. Needless to say, I wasn’t happy not being able to play any of it.
I take music lessons from a local teacher here. I was surprised by how difficult it was to find a teacher that had some experience with harder and faster music. I must’ve tried out 6-7 teachers before I decided to stick with the one I have now. I’m still not getting the technique coaching I’d like, but I’m learning quite a bit of theory, so I’ll stick to it for a while.
So that brings me here. What better place to learn some chops than from a community that has the same musical interests than me? And of course, the man himself, and his dad! Hopefully I’ll be of some use to some of you too.
Thanks Syn for creating this school, it was a great idea, and very generous of you.
Rock on!
P.S. Saw A7X in Quebec City in January ’18, greatest show I’ve ever seen in my life!
-Brian

Synner Endless Summer Collection