• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Breakthrough (Long Story)

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    I've wanted to play guitar ever since I heard the song "A Little Piece of Heaven" when I was 11 years old. When I turned 13 I got my first electric guitar and started learning what I could whenever I could. I even played some songs for a small church in my town. I wanted to play lead guitar and write my own solos when I heard Syns insane solo on the song "Nightmare" (Synyster Gates is kind of my hero if you couldn't tell) I got sent off to a military school when I was 16 and dropped the guitar after I graduated I picked up the guitar again after watching Angus Young duck walk while playing Thunderstruck when I was 23 it was like rediscovering the guitar for the first time and reminded me a lot of why I wanted to play music to begin with. To capture a sense of personal freedom. That's when I found this website and realized...I'M STILL A BEGINNER?! Well after months and months of practice and going through these lessons the CAGED System finally clicked to me today! This is a huge moment for me because I feel like I'm finally starting to understand how to unlock the full potential of my guitar and even though I have a lot more to learn I feel like I've taken a huge step in my journey here and I'm pretty proud of that. I have videos that are going to be posted soon. Some of me just jamming with no jam track some jamming with a jam track and others are just short videos of some of my favorite riffs that I've learned over the years. I share this story because over the many years of me playing guitar I am very much still a beginner but with time and dedication I was finally able to make a breakthrough on something that made absolutely no sense to me. I hope that anyone who comes across this will find hope in knowing that all the practice and frustration that comes with learning any instrument is absolutely 100% worth the effort. Stay safe everyone and keep rocking. I hope you've enjoyed my overly long story 😁

Aquamandy

• Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    Hey, that's a cool story to share! Loved that you said you recognized yourself as a beginner, but you never gave up and took this as a challenge to improve your skills. Pretty sure as the time goes you'll only get better and better at guitar, keep going and congrats Wally! 🤘

Reactions: Zesty Rage

Zesty Rage

• Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Hey, that's a cool story to share! Loved that you said you recognized yourself as a beginner, but you never gave up and took this as a challenge to improve your skills. Pretty sure as the time goes you'll only get better and better at guitar, keep going and congrats Wally! 🤘
    Thank you I appreciate it. Someone once told me that Practice doesn't make perfect practice makes permanent and that's one of the many things that drives me to stick with these lessons even when I don't feel like practicing. My dream is to one day soon play with a band to get signed and share some of my music with the world 🤟🤙

• Love
    Reactions: Aquamandy
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Zesty Rage

• Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    The SGS is amazing, right? I am glad you found the passion for the guitar again, and I am sure you will grow to become a great guitar player!
    Thank you and yes the SGS is absolutely outstanding and I hope one day I can live up to the SGS name. Videos coming soon so be on the look out and let me know what I can work on to further my journey here.