• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Buried Alive solo problem

Mihai_17

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
I am trying really bad to learn Buried Alive solos. I kinda managed to emprove the first solo and i thinck it sounds good ( not perfect) , but the last songs gives me creeps. I can't play it as the original or as it should be. Any advices?? I need to learn this solos very badly . Thanks in advance.

Ben newton

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
www.instagram.com
Bring that metronome down, and take your time with it! Get that muscle memory up to speed. Break the solo into bitesize pieces and practice each as segments, then gradually bring them together. You can break parts down to as little as 1 note per segment. Try and recognise phrases as segments.

Analyse the piece a bit, see what techniques you are struggling with, and which techniques you are best at.If you are for example struggling with the ridiculously fast alternate picking section, then work towards Buried Alive's solo as your goal. Practice a few alternate picking exercises to build into it.

Hope this makes sense!

Reactions: Mihai_17

Mihai_17

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Bring that metronome down, and take your time with it! Get that muscle memory up to speed. Break the solo into bitesize pieces and practice each as segments, then gradually bring them together. You can break parts down to as little as 1 note per segment. Try and recognise phrases as segments.

Analyse the piece a bit, see what techniques you are struggling with, and which techniques you are best at.If you are for example struggling with the ridiculously fast alternate picking section, then work towards Buried Alive's solo as your goal. Practice a few alternate picking exercises to build into it.

Hope this makes sense!
Apreciate man !

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
I'll give you three tips for now:
-Practice with a metronome, start slow work your way up to full speed.
-Some of the sweep picking lessons on this website will really help you as well, use them. You may even notice some patterns between the scales/licks Papa demonstrates and the actual material you are trying to learn. Don't just practice the song, practice the exercises on this website to for 10-15 minutes each day.
-Watch as many covers and live performances of the song you want to learn on Youtube. Try to objectively decide which covers are better and/or more accurate, by acknowledging when each guitar player does something differently. Observe all the subtle nuances that aren't necessarily communicated on guitar tablature or even sheet music. Then try to apply what you see to your playing.

Good luck!

Reactions: Mihai_17
Synner Endless Summer Collection