• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Buy or Pass?

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I want to save up for an electric and read in a previous thread that the beginner kits are good. I saw this one, it's marked 'blemished' but it'd be something I could save up for a little faster. Is it worth reserving one at this price or is there something I should save up for that's better? Probably going to be a year or better before I take the plunge on anything unless I get things caught up in my budget. Thoughts? This gets good reviews but I've never bought a guitar before =)

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Nocturne

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Dec 1, 2019
    France
    I'd say it looks okay and very decent for the price, you can't really go wrong with Squier, even if you don't like it you can resell it easily. Just make sure you don't plan on playing mainly with high gain as you could be disappointed with single coil's tone (a Humbucker on the bridge position would be better otherwise). If you plan on buying it next year, maybe try checking again if there's a better deal but I doubt you'll find better for this budget as Squier's beginners kits have been probably some of the bests for a long time. So yeah, I think it's worth reserving it, you don't take any risks at all by doing so if you want to start playing electric guitar in good conditions under 200$.

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I'd say it looks okay and very decent for the price, you can't really go wrong with Squier, even if you don't like it you can resell it easily. Just make sure you don't plan on playing mainly with high gain as you could be disappointed with single coil's tone (a Humbucker on the bridge position would be better otherwise). If you plan on buying it next year, maybe try checking again if there's a better deal but I doubt you'll find better for this budget as Squier's beginners kits have been probably some of the bests for a long time. So yeah, I think it's worth reserving it, you don't take any risks at all by doing so if you want to start playing electric guitar in good conditions under 200$.
    Thank you!

I know nothing about amps and such, so was hoping it was a good deal all around. If I end up liking electric, I plan to study up on amps and save up for a better one. I figure the reservation requires no up front payment and I'm guessing it'll be a while before they get more in. I think I'll put my name on the waiting list, then =)