• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Buying my first electric guitar

Des Christ

Music Theory Bragger
Dec 26, 2020
Greece
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been playing guitar (a nylon string guitar) for some months. I want to buy an electric guitar but I have trouble choosing one. My budget is around 400-450 euros. So far I found two guitars that I liked. The first one is the Ibanez 470 and the second one is the ESP LTD M-200FM. Can anyone help me choose which one is better or maybe suggest another one ?

Reactions: idssdi

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I second @Alex Cain about floyd rose. If its your first electric guitar, one with a floyd rose will probably cause you more of an headache. In the end, its a personal choice however, I'd just recommend to be well informed before your purchase.

For the given budget, you can really have something decent! Though I do believe you could get one hell of a deal if you look into the used market. Then again, that depends of where you live in europe.

But if its not possible and you have to buy brand new, well with what I saw from your choices and budget, I would suggest to look at:

- The Demon Series from Schecter
    - The ibanez RG Standard series
    - The ESP LTD MH Series

This would be a good place to start!

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

SimonEichinger

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 18, 2019
    Austria
    www.instagram.com
    I second @Alex Cain about floyd rose. If its your first electric guitar, one with a floyd rose will probably cause you more of an headache. In the end, its a personal choice however, I'd just recommend to be well informed before your purchase.

For the given budget, you can really have something decent! Though I do believe you could get one hell of a deal if you look into the used market. Then again, that depends of where you live in europe.

But if its not possible and you have to buy brand new, well with what I saw from your choices and budget, I would suggest to look at:

- The Demon Series from Schecter
    - The ibanez RG Standard series
    - The ESP LTD MH Series

This would be a good place to start!
    Yup, a Floyd will definitely be overwhelming.
    I‘d also go for an ESP LTD MH! :)

Upvote 0