• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Buying used Gear on Reverb

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup Synners,

I am considering buying some used gear of Reverb...I saw a guitar that I just have to have......
Here is the thing.

I've never bought stuff of Reverb, the seller has some great Reviews, but the deal sounds too good to be true.

What is your experience with Reverb?

Any tips and advice you have for me ? Stuff I need to ask the vendor?

Thank you all in advance.

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend+
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    I love Reverb! Use it quite often, and I even sold a Soundcraft Mixer on there too. I’ve never had any issues with buying or selling.
    There’s often music stores that sell gear and instruments on there as well! I’ve gotten a couple guitars from reverb over the last few years. It’s great help that you can message and chat with the seller as well if you have any questions about the product or shipping!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I've bought stuff on Reverb. Generally good experiences. Temper your expectations, and expect the gear to be in slightly lesser condition than advertised - nothing MAJOR, but little things.

Do a search on the specific thing you're considering buying, to see if the same pictures are used in multiple listings. Pay in a way that you have some power to recover your money or fight if there's an issue.

If it sounds WAY too good to be true, it probably is.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I’ve never bought off reverb, but my husband has sold a few guitars on there. For him, he’s always upfront and honest. You want a particular photo, ask for it ! A legit seller won’t deny that or any other information you want. If a seller denies your requests it’s usually because they’re hiding something.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Well, I have to say Synners....
    The seller is very responsive and up front the gear is pretty used up. He fixed some parts here and there. But showed me pictures of the dings and scratches.

I also read his reviews on reverb and its 5 stars....people give him good reviews (something he is very proud of).

I asked for an audio sample of the guitar....but I have to say its pretty much sold to me

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Sooo the Reverb ad was closed.

We came to a deal.

And here is the big reveal:
    A flying V guitar.

Hope I do not get screwed over this....hope that I also have not jinxed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-06-17-49-55-163_com.reverb.app.jpg
      Screenshot_2022-06-06-17-49-55-163_com.reverb.app.jpg
      151.6 KB · Views: 83