• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Buzz from neck pickup

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    It might need some minor adjustments, I don't know how to do it. It could be the screw where the neck connects to the body or some screws by the bridge. I don't remember the right words to search for, I've only tried it like 2 times. I think it's a simple task, just a little scary to do.

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Hey guys, I have a Schecter Syn Custom-S and when I switch to the neck pickup or the middle, I get some buzzing which is noticeable. It doesn't happen on the bridge pickup. Any way I can solve this at home? Or should I take it to a luthier? Thank you all!
    Hi theeeere!

If there's no buzzing on your bridge pickup but there is on the neck pickup, it likely means your selector switch needs to get checked :) You may try to spray a dab of WD40 or any contact spray into the switch gap and flick it back & forth a few times, plug in your guitar and try again.

Source: Experience. Asides from playing guitar, I have my own little business servicing guitars at home :) Do send it to your local guitar shop to get it checked/replaced if the above doesn't work!

Cheers! :rock-hand:

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Reactions: William B.