• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

CAGED System – The D Shape – Lesson 28

jimmyjamesmuzik

Garage band Groupie
Apr 13, 2023
so i think i gotta understanding of this caged thing. can someone give me an example of how you would use it to your advantage?

i was practising scale patterns before i started learning caged and ive realized the major and pentatonic patterns and their roots match up with caged as so - C Form with pattern 3, A form pattern 4, G form pattern 5, E form pattern 1 and D form with pattern 2. Ive notice people call these positions aswell as patterns. This can be confusing because people refer to the fret your playing on as a position aswell? anyways... lol

how should i practise this, i feel lve gotta grasp on the understanding of it just tryna figure out how to i guess improve my understanding of it and how to use it. Any examples would be greatly appreciated!
I attached pictures for reference. i know the minor patterns apply differently but i just added both because 1 says positions 1 says patterns.
g major scale positions.JPG
caged forms.JPG
minor pentatonic.JPG

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Javier Wienarjati

Campfire Attention Holder
Dec 7, 2021
Indonesia
www.instagram.com
so i think i gotta understanding of this caged thing. can someone give me an example of how you would use it to your advantage?

i was practising scale patterns before i started learning caged and ive realized the major and pentatonic patterns and their roots match up with caged as so - C Form with pattern 3, A form pattern 4, G form pattern 5, E form pattern 1 and D form with pattern 2. Ive notice people call these positions aswell as patterns. This can be confusing because people refer to the fret your playing on as a position aswell? anyways... lol

how should i practise this, i feel lve gotta grasp on the understanding of it just tryna figure out how to i guess improve my understanding of it and how to use it. Any examples would be greatly appreciated!
I attached pictures for reference. i know the minor patterns apply differently but i just added both because 1 says positions 1 says patterns. View attachment 3458 View attachment 3460 View attachment 3459
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
I dont know if this would help. This is an example using CAGED for Slow Dancing in The Burning Room.