• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Celebrating The Rev

• Thread starter TheRedMageGuitarist
  • Start date

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Jimmy is my favorite song writer of all time, and has my favorite voice of all time as well. On top of that, the dude was just an incredible being. It’s such a tragedy that the world was robbed of that brilliant light so soon, but I’ll be damned if I’m not grateful every single day for everything he left behind for us to enjoy. Talk about a legacy.

We love you Jimmy
    foREVer

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Shawn Lennie

Free Bird Player
    Dec 12, 2021
    The rev single handedly shaped how I play drums and look at music, a little piece of heaven (along with everything else he wrote) is an absolute masterpiece! Biggest thing I took away is everything he played had a purpose, a meaning to why it was done in that way. There was no overplaying, and sometimes just plain simple but it was done for a reason! The times he was throwing his chops around and putting in the fancy stuff was when it was necessary and added the flavour. That right there is excellent musicianship, knowing exactly when, what, where things need to happen to compliment the song as a whole 🤘🏻

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Jimmy was an absolute genius of a songwriter. One of my favourite things about him (besides his blistering drumming) was the sheer distinctiveness of his voice - his high octave backing vocals on one of the final choruses in ALPOH still gives me chills/makes me tear up. His personality came through so much with his vocals & it was one of my favourite features of A7x's sound at the time. I'll always miss not having it there ❤

A melodic & rhythmic genius, and a loveable maniac, foREVer 🤟

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    The rev single handedly shaped how I play drums and look at music, a little piece of heaven (along with everything else he wrote) is an absolute masterpiece! Biggest thing I took away is everything he played had a purpose, a meaning to why it was done in that way. There was no overplaying, and sometimes just plain simple but it was done for a reason! The times he was throwing his chops around and putting in the fancy stuff was when it was necessary and added the flavour. That right there is excellent musicianship, knowing exactly when, what, where things need to happen to compliment the song as a whole 🤘🏻
    Jimmy knew how to tell a story he didnt write drum beats for songs. He wrote drum progressions. I think that's what made song writing so natural for him.

Reactions: Shawn Lennie

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Jimmy was an absolute genius of a songwriter. One of my favourite things about him (besides his blistering drumming) was the sheer distinctiveness of his voice - his high octave backing vocals on one of the final choruses in ALPOH still gives me chills/makes me tear up. His personality came through so much with his vocals & it was one of my favourite features of A7x's sound at the time. I'll always miss not having it there ❤

A melodic & rhythmic genius, and a loveable maniac, foREVer 🤟
    I personally think lost has revs best backing vocals. The auto tone makes his voice really shine. And we all know they didnt add the autotune for no other reason but it sounded cool so I HIGHLY doubt they had to use it to correct Jimmy's pitch.

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I personally think lost has revs best backing vocals. The auto tone makes his voice really shine. And we all know they didnt add the autotune for no other reason but it sounded cool so I HIGHLY doubt they had to use it to correct Jimmy's pitch.
    Great point man! That's one that didnt spring to mind for whatever reason but I agree 👌 and I definitely doubt it was anything other than a tonal choice

Reactions: Shawn Lennie